Game Thread: Illinois vs Rutgers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 746654

D
Damonte's set up and form look good from 3 but they never go in.

For all those people who say, "It doesn't matter if AG doesn't start as long as he gets starter minutes..." The first half, AG did not get starter minutes and was not in foul trouble and we need shooting threats. When he's not starting, it takes at least to the first media timeout to get him in. I say put our most dangerous lineup on the court from the start and let's get after it." (rant over)
He was in for a significant part of half. I like AG but he didnt move the needle in first half.

Again, I feel like many on this board hears that we're playing Rutgers and just because of the name, figured it's a gimme. This isn't the Rutgers of old or the football Rutgers. They're legit. This is also the team that took us down to the wire last year in what was a wildly close game.

I expected a game of two bullies. Its what we have.

Someone has to look into if we are the number one team in the country as missing 1-2 foot shots/lay-ups..

mhuml32

Cincinnati, OH
Again, I feel like many on this board hears that we're playing Rutgers and just because of the name, figured it's a gimme. This isn't the Rutgers of old or the football Rutgers. They're legit. This is also the team that took us down to the wire last year in what was a wildly close game.

Based on comments made since the Wisconsin game, I saw almost zero posts were people said this game was a gimme. Posters were well aware this Rutgers team was much better than past versions.

JJE

Bethalto, IL
Whew. I knew this one would be ugly, but I didn't think it would be this bad. I like a couple the passes Kofi has had. Thos guys just haven't finished

Point made

Status
Not open for further replies.