Game Thread: Illinois vs Rutgers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 746167

D
Why can’t our beloved handle success? I know Rutgers is a tough and physical team but we get taken out of our offense so easily. Giorgi is a black hole. Jekyll and Hyde team for the past 15 years

T
Based on comments made since the Wisconsin game, I saw almost zero posts were people said this game was a gimme. Posters were well aware this Rutgers team was much better than past versions.
Then how in the world could people not expect this type of game and be mad or wonder why? This is what Rutgers does. It's why they beat Penn State by double digits and beat Seton Hall by 20.

Lack of energy and effort is the problem today... hands down... they look like they don't want to be out there at all... at some point your pride has to kick in... our players seem like they lack confidence a lot of times... some of it is just not playing smart... but the rest is effort and want to...

T

Then how in the world could people not expect this type of game and be mad or wonder why? This is what Rutgers does. It's why they beat Penn State by double digits and beat Seton Hall by 20.
People did not expect a 44 to 38 game..which is the pace we are on.

Deleted member 10500

D
What is our record for lowest FG percentage in a game?

Steelyunk

Tobacco Road
This is making the Wisconsin game look like

Somebody help me with a high scoring analogy

UNLV vs Loyola Marymount?

It is really driving ne crazy how physical the refs are allowing Rutget to push and lean on Kofi on his shots they wouldnt on other players

People did not expect a 44 to 38 game..which is the pace we are on.
That's fair. Not expecting an ugly, grind 'em out game. I don't think it has anything to do with effort or preparedness. Some games just go in this direction. Have to win them, no matter how aesthetically pleasing it is...or in this case, isn't.

BMoreIllini

Baltimore, MD
20200111_132058.jpg

Make it 20 of 21 after 2 misses by Kofi

Edit: Ayo makes it 20 of 22 after Ayos's make

Our inabilityto shoot is going to cost us this game and the opportunity to dance!!

Ayo dunk the ball quit this dipsy doo stuff

JJE

Bethalto, IL
Feels like the momentum is shifting a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.