Game Thread: Illinois vs The Citadel

Status
Not open for further replies.

whatahack

St. Peters MO
Good chance to reward guys with PT for hard work in practice. I'm good with that.

pruman91

Paducah, Ky
Sure seems like we should be up more than we are.....would like to see Kofi with a 20 & 20....

I’d destroy a garbage can right now if I’m Underwood. We seem disinterested. Does anyone else just think something seems off? Crowd seems bored lol

Need to finish strong... beat a program like this but 30+, get some legit confidence...

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
We're like a good pair of boots that needs a good polish.

I see a lot of work, but not much shine.

I’d destroy a garbage can right now if I’m Underwood. We seem disinterested. Does anyone else just think something seems off? Crowd seems bored lol
They are playing a doormat, they're sleepwalking through it, they crowd is napping through it....it's a November game vs The Citadel.

My only concern continues to be Ayo. He's flat out struggling shooting the ball. Some of those shots aren't close. He needs something good to happen to get out of this funk.

Oskee67

Champaign
I stacked a book against the lower left side of my TV because the floorseats lady is making me cringe too much
I love her! She's always at the games and has a ton of energy. The rest of the stadium could learn a thing or two from her.

Rad

Nashville, TN
We continue to be much better at getting the ball inside. Ayo and Feliz have the ball the most and neither are good at creating shots for others.

Citadel was begging to be run out of the gym. Now we have to hope they don't get hot and make this a game.
What I would give to have a shooter or several on this squad.

We are doing only one thing wrong tonight. We are missing all of our shots. Can that go on for the entire season?

I think Ayo is pressing. Lot of talk before the season about lottery pick, this watch list that watch list, etc. He continues to play tough man ball going in or not. Illini have missed their share of fairly easy shots on driving lay-ups this year. Feliz , this half.

We are going through the motions tonight and we are not good enough to be doing that. It will hurt us down the road
It may look like that... but that’s actually just us not knowing how to play cohesively.

Verdonk, GB II, is 100%.

I think Verdonk will end up being a different but an equally prized gem on the court. Look at transformation of Giorgi's physique from the day he signed to this season - thank you, Body by Fletch. Verdonk is built differently, and with the same work will add strength, speed, and skill.

Giorgi, for his ability to bring levity and add value to the team outside of the talent he has developed whilst here, is an extremely rare gem ... particularly considering his ranking. Verdonk could be a quiet assassin as he matures and works on his shot.

I like the comp, especially if your thesis is the ability of this staff to sign foreign players, almost-sight unseen, and make it work; we can disregard Kane, Ebo, Matic and exclude / exempt Kouma from the conversation. Plus, they now know for exactly what they need to augment the core / segue into those Roger Powell or Euro 4 roles to make this offense ... assuming shots start falling ... work in the B1G.

Status
Not open for further replies.