Game Thread: Illinois vs Wisconsin

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was an easy first down with a decent on time throw. Peters just doesn’t have it.

This is not a critique on our kicker, but I’d just assume we went for it on any 4th and 3 or less. Our offense sucks, I get it, and the play calls would probably be awful, but FGs aren’t going to win us this game.

What the hell. Whenever we have an opportunity we lay an egg.

Also if we are going to run the ball every play, why not put Robinson in? Hopefully peters is on a short leash today

Deleted member 29907

D
Rod Smith's play calling is just not stellar - pass on 3rd and 3? when we were moving the ball on the ground with ease? even 1 or 2 yards on 3rd down gives you a good shot at 4th and 1 or 2. He has got to fall out of love with the pass. Use our best offensive players 80% of the and that's Reggie and Dre.

Deleted member 29907

D
Bigger, stronger, faster, quicker ---- he song remains the same.
Its really piss poor coaching and execution - Jake Hansen - lets talk about pursuit angles. Really ticks me off that his son is supposed to be coaching such a key position.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, we're not playing THAT bad. Don't get me wrong, we're outclassed at every position, but at least we're pushing back.

Its really piss poor coaching and execution - Jake Hansen - lets talk about pursuit angles.
No, it's totally being outclassed at every single position. There is no coaching that can overcome this talent differential. That also falls on Lovie, but today is not a coaching issue....so far.

foby

Bonnaroo Land
OMG........

Deleted member 29907

D
OMG hike the ball and don't let a review happen

Deleted member 29907

D
No, it's totally being outclassed at every single position. There is no coaching that can overcome this talent differential. That also falls on Lovie, but today is not a coaching issue....so far.
I dont see such a huge talent issue as I do scheme and brains - Reggie and Dre are running well - our O line is giving some room. We are really not outclassed at every position. This is not a 10-0 game because our brain trust coaching is making up for a huge differential in talent.

ivwilsoniv

Aurora, IL
I’m behind the Illini bench and Smalling is on crutches. Did I miss something? Is he injured?

breadman

Herndon, VA
I am still seeing an under performing football team. Anybody else seeing this?

It’s both. We lack talent but the guys we have are terribly coached. Angles, tackling form, reading offenses, it’s all bad. The schemes also routinely put our guys in positions to fail. Like expecting Hansen to cover the TE in space down the middle of the field. It’s all bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.