Game Thread: Illinois vs Wisconsin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beason Roundtree and Smallings not there and it shows

I dont see such a huge talent issue as I do scheme and brains - Reggie and Dre are running well - our O line is giving some room. We are really not outclassed at every position. This is not a 10-0 game because our brain trust coaching is making up for a huge differential in talent.
Fair point. However, can you point out one position, on either side of the ball, where you'd say.....yeah, we've got more talent. Even our best player(Corbin) is overshadowed by what will be the Doak Walker Award winner, Taylor.

It is what it is. I just want to see them score. I don't care how.

Fair point. However, can you point out one position, on either side of the ball, where you'd say.....yeah, we've got more talent. Even our best player(Corbin) is overshadowed by what will be the Doak Walker Award winner, Taylor.

Blake Hayes

MoCoMdIllini

Montgomery County, Maryland
Hey, Donny Navarro!

Ask and ye shall receive.

foby

Bonnaroo Land
So far this is the dictionary definition of a moral victory.

That actually wasn’t half bad play calling on that offensive drive, nice usage and timing of the play action

Deleted member 29907

D

Wide receiver for one and i do think our offensive line is doing a pretty good job overall. Our two backs combined are better than their two backs - but Rod likes to pass - got us a touchdown i guess. I don't see it so much as talent across the board as it is with scheme and execution. But let's just agree to disagree and move on.

Deleted member 651864

D
so many mixed emotions....how are we in this game? if we do well will they keep Lovie? I would love nothing more than a victory today. Dang we should be tied if we hadn't missed that FG.....if i get my heart into this I will be heartbroken at the end again.

The life of an Illini football fan.

Deleted member 656517

D
Funny how we have to waste a challenge. Should’ve been called from the booth, but I guess that happens when you’re playing the #6 team in the country

Hoppy2105

Little Rock, Arkansas
I think the back camera view shows it is an incomplete pass. Too bad! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hoppy2105

Little Rock, Arkansas
Funny how we have to waste a challenge. Should’ve been called from the booth, but I guess that happens when you’re playing the #6 team in the country

There is a chance to have 2 top 5 teams playing in the B1G championship game basically guaranteeing a spot in the playoff. Can’t let lowly Illinois mess that up!

Status
Not open for further replies.