Game Thread: Illinois vs Wisconsin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoppy2105

Little Rock, Arkansas
So we will definitely lose this game. The D will have literally nothing left in the tank with this TOP disparity.

Even if we keep it close or get the lead we won’t be able to stop a final Wisky drive.

But I like this first half in terms of score.

that bebe td reversal was basically the HooMan td against iowa in the rose bowl year. i rem. watching the game in a bar and some squawks fans talking crap after that. ugh i despise them

edit - i think it was a joe morgan td, and a hooman penalty

Loving the effort against number 6 Wisconsin. Bad call on that fumble recovery by the refs. Shocked that wasn't overturned!!!! Unfortunate call on our 73 yard touchdown pass. I wish we had this effort in the Eastern Michigan game, we would be 3 and 3 instead of our current 2 and 4.. The Purdue, Rutgers, and Northwestern games gives me some hope with todays effort. Go Illini!!!!

Was concerned about the BTN Tailgate being there - but I actually think it did us some good re: publicity. The SFC, Superbowl rings, and AYO! You don't have to show the crowds, but the extra stuff has to only help. Of course the W/L is what it is.
Agreed!!!!

Well our record sucks and i know there are not supposed to be excited about moral victories but i think we are taking baby steps and getting better. That down field penalty just sucks on a pass play,
I hope we hit the transfer and juco market this off season and keep moving forward. The transfers are a big reason we have seen some of our improvement. We added some good young players. We gained some confidence even though it was a loss to Scum and even though we are behind and moral victories only last so long. If we add some depth and experience we are slowly moving forward. Lets get some turnovers. a big play or two and get this upset!

Now to see what the half time adjustments bring...
I'm guessing we're going to see a pissed off Wisconsin team establishing Taylor. Run left, run right, run middle. I'm sure the coach is letting them know that he vigorously disapproves of the effort and quit thinking about Ohio State next weekend.

Deleted member 716187

D
I feel weird about rooting for the Illini to get blown out so we can get rid of Lovie. I gave up on this season and we give Michigan a scare and now playing well against Wisconsin. Maybe if we have zero hope, expectations, or care for next season they will be successful

Deleted member 654622

D
So here is the question we should all be contemplating and it should shock everyone else as much as me; Are we a good QB away from being legit?

Hoppy2105

Little Rock, Arkansas
We are just over 9 minutes of TOP.

IN THE THIRD QUARTER!

Deleted member 654622

D
A good coach...
This is going to be tough, but disregard the past games and watch this game. The coach is not stopping us from winning this game. It is a QB that cannot keep the O on the field. If we sustain some drives, the D is not as tired. Imagine if we had Khalil Tate?

foby

Bonnaroo Land
Eifler seems to be turning the corner from just a big hitter into a decent LB.

I don't care what anyone thinks above Lovie, he had this team, ESPECIALLY THE DEFENSE, ready to play today. They're one horrific, boneheaded play by the center away from leading in this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.