Game Thread: Illinois vs Xavier

Status
Not open for further replies.
TuneIn Radio is your friend.
After three days in a row of Walton, he’s trolling all of the time. Listening from that angle, much easier listen. Loved the bit about kipper.”where is this kipper guy?....at the free throw line” basically first impact at this tournament and where has he been??

Is Walton running for office somewhere? Every person associated with this game is somehow a world treasure. Please shut up

GortTheRobot

North Bethesda, Maryland
Okay, our D is really, really, bad...but how does every team we play also get as hot as hell from outside?

The defense is predicated on forcing turnovers and creating quick scoring opportunities. They lead the country in turnovers forced. So in that regard, the defense is doing exactly what it's supposed to. Unfortunately, this style of D leaves our big men exposed and makes them prone to rack up fouls.
I don't care about turnovers forced unless they force about 30% of possessions. Otherwise the math doesn't work .

IllFanInMi

I
Enough of that ridiculous alley oop!!!!

Deleted member 746094

D
Does Walton have something on ESPN? He has no business being on TV or radio. It makes for a joke the first game or so, but he is detracting from the game. Almost insulting to the kids.

This one isn't on Underwood at all. Kids just aren't mentally involved on either side of the ball here.

Terribly frustrating decisions by our team...but my Xavier is shooting the ball well. Has to be 60%+ I'd think

there is no coaching here. By coaching, I mean “stop these idiotic lobs”, “close out on shooters”. We have no in game coaching. We have a system we can’t even remotely execute.

GortTheRobot

North Bethesda, Maryland
Falling apart...too frenetic. Get a couple stops or this is going to get away very quickly.

JJE

Bethalto, IL
The blind ally oop garbage is ridiculous. We’ve done it four times this game while the intended man is being double teamed. Really dumb play. It’s like throwing a Hail Mary every third down.

Status
Not open for further replies.