Giorgi Bezhanishvili, Ayo Dosunmu B1G Players of the Week

Dan

Admin
For the first time in Big Ten men’s basketball history, a school claimed both awards with two different freshmen

Player of the Week: Giorgi Bezhanishvili
Last Illinois Player of the Week: Malcolm Hill (Nov. 14, 2016)

Freshman of the Week: Ayo Dosunmu
Last Illinois Freshman of the Week: Trent Frazier (Feb. 12, 2018)

Illinois swept Big Ten men’s basketball weekly honors for the first time in school history

https://bigten.org/news/2019/2/11/illinois-sweeps-weekly-mens-basketball-honors.aspx

Last edited:

SampsonRelpenk

Edwardsville, IL
-Illinois swept Big Ten men’s basketball weekly honors for the first time in school history
-For the first time in Big Ten men’s basketball history, a school claimed both awards with two different freshmen

Neat!

Congratulations to both these young men, the team and coaches. BU and staff can recruit, no doubt about it. Also the team plays very exciting, watching the offenses of North Carolina vs Miami and Ohio State vs Indiana was a major snooze fest. Great things coming.

tenor.gif

Congrats to both players....about as good as it can get with program turning and recruits watching....I...L...L...!!!!

KrushCow31

Former Krush Cow
Chicago, IL
This is great, but also really dumb on the B1G part. It's probably never happened before cause the B1G has never been this dumb before. If Giorgi is the B1G Player of the week, then he's also the B1G freshman player of the week. Unless there is some rule that you cannot be player of the week and freshmen of the week.

I mean whatever. I'll take it.

The odds of Giorgi winning a BIG Freshman of the week before the season were probably in the 200/1 range. BIG Player of the week?...well that’s a massive payout for whoever took that one.