Gonzaga 84, Illinois 78 POSTGAME

Dan

Admin

:illinois:

Last edited:
Tough ending for Trent there, the basketball gods are cruel indeed.

haasi

New York
well, that was fun to watch, notwithstanding the L.

we weren't that great, but we were right in it with the #3 team in the country on a neutral court. and man oh man, trent was awesome.

ivwilsoniv

Aurora, IL
Maybe this could be a 2019 tournament team after all (with consistent improvement)... goodnight everyone.

foby

Bonnaroo Land
TRENT IS AWESOME. We are very close.

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
Gonzaga overrated or Illini underrated?

The only thing that got curbstomped is our expectations.

Great finish.

Jester87

Austin, TX
Reminds me of when BP3 was a play maker. Too bad we didn't come out on the winning end but we are looking good. Lets keep getting better

ivwilsoniv

Aurora, IL
"All night" in this case means the last 8 minutes or so, because he was a non-factor for 3/4 of the game. Still, just because he is the hot hand doesn't mean it's a high percentage shot, and I'd be a little surprised if Underwood's ideal situation was a three shot from the Big Island.
Underwood’s ideal situation was put the ball in Trent’s hands and let him be Trent. That’s how Illinois got back into the game. I don’t think he was mad with the play. Result notwithstanding.

Wish Jordan could of made a free throw or a three Down the stretch. :(

We are good. Just need to tighten up some stuff.

Bailey

Los Angeles
"All night" in this case means the last 8 minutes or so, because he was a non-factor for 3/4 of the game. Still, just because he is the hot hand doesn't mean it's a high percentage shot, and I'd be a little surprised if Underwood's ideal situation was a three shot from the Big Island.

A ball screen so Trent can get a mismatch switch out top is exactly what we're looking for there. What high percentage two are you looking for? A Giorgi post up?

Ryllini

Lombard
Proud of these guys! Keep building and keep fighting. Let’s win out!

illiniCA

DC Area
That was the right play for this team.

ORANGE, Ya glad ya stayed up for that...I am, in hindsite, the team made me want too, and I am not sure there was 1 game last year that I would have said that about....we are on the mend.

Side note, Griffin looks to be gaining some steam, dare I say Kipper is going to get left out moving forward?