Happy Birthday Marine Corps

On November 10, 1775 a Few Good men gathered at Tun Tavern in Philadelphia they called themselves MARINES.

Today that tradition lives strong. This Proud force First to Fight for Right and Freedom is on Americas 911 speed dial.

Please join me in wishing the Marine Corps a Happy 224th Birthday.

I served 10 years in the Corps left as a GySgt E-7.

So this Birthday is special to me and our country.

Last edited:

icengineer

Southern Illinois
CHEERS my brethren!!! All of the armed forces are special to me. But as a Navy Vet, the Marine Corps are the only ones I've worked alongside with!!

CHEERS my brethren!!! All of the armed forces are special to me. But as a Navy Vet, the Marine Corps are the only ones I've worked alongside with!!

Thanks Ice

I have had the pleasure to work along side with all four branches-

The Navy was the closest and most contentious branch and at the end of the day we found the same page.

The Army- Completed Jungle warfare School Panama ran by Army Rangers (a tough group) I am a Certified Jungle Warfare Expert (That and 50 cents might get you a cup of coffee)

The Air Force- Best Chow Halls in the world they use real plates and offer food 24 hours a day.

Semper Fi

BananaShampoo

Captain 'Paign
Phoenix, AZ
Thanks Ice

I have had the pleasure to work along side with all four branches-

The Navy was the closest and most contentious branch and at the end of the day we found the same page.

The Army- Completed Jungle warfare School Panama ran by Army Rangers (a tough group) I am a Certified Jungle Warfare Expert (That and 50 cents might get you a cup of coffee)

The Air Force- Best Chow Halls in the world they use real plates and offer food 24 hours a day.

Semper Fi
I was stationed for 3 months on a TDY mission at Rodman Naval Station in Panama right by where the Jungle Warfare guys were. Also stayed at the Army post (Clayton?) and worked on Howard AFB. This was back in '96. Good times and agree on all counts regarding the branches!

I was stationed for 3 months on a TDY mission at Rodman Naval Station in Panama right by where the Jungle Warfare guys were. Also stayed at the Army post (Clayton?) and worked on Howard AFB. This was back in '96. Good times and agree on all counts regarding the branches!

Fort Sherman Canal Zone it was called

icengineer

Southern Illinois
Hey, I'm curious, do you all manage to keep in touch with some of the guys you served with?

BananaShampoo

Captain 'Paign
Phoenix, AZ
Hey, I'm curious, do you all manage to keep in touch with some of the guys you served with?
I'm Facebook friends with many of them and a couple I still keep in touch with on a regular basis. My best active duty buddy I've made it a point to visit cross country a few times and we invited each other to our respective weddings (both of them lol).

icengineer

Southern Illinois
I'm Facebook friends with many of them and a couple I still keep in touch with on a regular basis. My best active duty buddy I've made it a point to visit cross country a few times and we invited each other to our respective weddings (both of them lol).

That is awesome! I've just wondered if my experience was unique. There was a group of 4 of us that served together on one ship and we were quite close at that time, we did almost everything together. After our service we drifted apart
for some years, but the advent of the of communication age made it easier for us to find one another. I guess of the 4 of us, I'm sort of the 'glue' that keeps us all together. I've kept in contact and have actually made a point to actually visit everyone. So far I've been able to meet all the others face-to-face over time. It's nice to be able to share with each other where we are at and what we are up to after all these years. We have a bond that is hard to duplicate in everyday life.

It pleases me to hear that others are able to do the same.