Illini add Texas HS football coach Joe Price to recruiting staff

I'm sure it wasn't. Only name I could think of, and really didn't want to research available college coaches. But there are a lot of them out there
Doubtful there were a lot of them out there willing to run Lovie's defense, and that was a requirement from Lovie. He's working with a $4 million salary pool for assistants, so I don't think money was an issue.

I'd love to see the Illini with more verbals than they have right now, but it is what it is. It appears looking at 247 that last year on this date the Illini had only 6 verbals, though they did add two more before the month of July ended. IW and Beason being two of those that were in the fold by now last year might make it appear we were much further along with the 2019 recruiting class. Hopefully we see some movement after the BBQ and the sky will stop falling.

Deleted member 654622

D
Doubtful there were a lot of them out there willing to run Lovie's defense, and that was a requirement from Lovie. He's working with a $4 million salary pool for assistants, so I don't think money was an issue.
I agree. I also don't think Lovie really tried. I believe he knew he was going to be the D Coordinator and was just going through the required motions