Illini Baseball 2019

I understand why we threw our number 2 starter yesterday, we are playing to win, once we were defeated why not go with number 3 against a not good team then bring back our ace in game 3 while everyone else is throwing there number 3 starter. GO ILLINI

Terrible baseball the last couple weeks of the season and a team a few weeks ago considered a possible host is gone in 2 and an Ofer in postseason. The steal of second down 2 (initially out) just shows heads not in the game at all. Anyway, on to next year. Good recruits still coming so we'll be back

I'd argue the biggest issue is the lack of top-quality hitting. The pitching isn't dominant but quite good. Defensively this team is very good.

That loss should make the Illini a 3 seed, which doesn't much matter as long as you're in the tournament.
The pitching was my concern going in and was the reason for the early exit going out. Letting up 8 runs and 7 runs, respectively, isn't going to win many series at any level beyond High School Freshman Baseball.

I watched scUM take out top ranked UCLA this weekend to advance to the CWS. I think the big story was scUM’s pitching pretty much shutting down UCLA’s bats in all three games (scUM would have won in 2 but for a terrible 9th inning error in game 2). First time scUM has gotten to Omaha since 1984. Damn, why can’t us Illini fans have nice things every now and then?