Illini Baseball 2019

illinifaninwi

DeForest, Wisconsin
Obviously he needs to clean up the free passes. Nonetheless the offense sucked yesterday. They need Zac Taylor back against the better competition.

SycIllini

Sycamore, Illinois
I hope this Iowa series doesn’t come back to haunt us on NCAA selection day the way it did last year. Can’t afford those sweeps if we want to be in the conversation.

I hope this Iowa series doesn’t come back to haunt us on NCAA selection day the way it did last year. Can’t afford those sweeps if we want to be in the conversation.

The Iowa team that swept us was 12-10 coming into the series.

SycIllini

Sycamore, Illinois
Nice win tonight at home vs Coastal Carolina. Only saw the last couple of innings. Looks like all of our offensive output was in the first inning.

illinifaninwi

DeForest, Wisconsin
Illinois is sitting at #7 in RPI right now. Winning two of three from Maryland this weekend would be a big boost.

This Illinois team is very good . The record of 22-13 overall is nothing to write home about but this is a really solid team loaded with talent.

Illini win today 7-6 over Penn State with a chance to sweep the series on Sunday.

They move to 24-13 over all and 5-6 in Big 10 play. More noise to come for sure.

SycIllini

Sycamore, Illinois
Illini win today 7-6 over Penn State with a chance to sweep the series on Sunday.

They move to 24-13 over all and 5-6 in Big 10 play. More noise to come for sure.

We have some work to do to get in the top 8 for B1G tournament. Need to rack up these conference wins.

Illinois wins today over Penn State moving to 25-13 and 6-6 in Big 10 play.

Illinois has won 5 of the last 6 games in Big 10 play.

Solid team catching fire in a bottle at the right time

SycIllini

Sycamore, Illinois
And now tied for 7th in Big Ten. Nebraska and Indiana series’ coming up will be big.

Deleted member 645583

D
I love it that team is mostly Illinois boys. Great uniforms! I wear Orange and Blue with great pride as an Illlinois boy.

Kevlin Sarver hit's a 2 run double in the 9th Illinois 6-5 win. 2-1 record vs NB

Illinois moves to 28-14 overall [8-7 Big Ten play]

There is no doubt in my mind that this a really good team and look out for good things.

And tonight they were whupped 12-3 by a miserable SIU team. Gave up 12 (TWELVE) walks. Oh, and our pitchers hit three batters.

Last edited:
The Illini need to win two out of three at Indiana for any chance at a NCAA bid.

Hoosier fan here. First of all, you guys are solidly in the tourney.... and second you all have a chance to host, as do we. This is a massive series.

For everyone else... can anyone give me some good watering holes that someone that's 28 might enjoy (bar games, etc). I appreciate any help that you can give me. We found I think we are going hit up Jupiter's Pizzeria and Billiards on Saturday and Destihl as well... I just was looking for some places tonight.

Hoosier fan here. First of all, you guys are solidly in the tourney.... and second you all have a chance to host, as do we. This is a massive series.

For everyone else... can anyone give me some good watering holes that someone that's 28 might enjoy (bar games, etc). I appreciate any help that you can give me. We found I think we are going hit up Jupiter's Pizzeria and Billiards on Saturday and Destihl as well... I just was looking for some places tonight.

Just stick to that downtown area and you can't really go wrong. Esquire is great for that type of scene, so is blind pig if you're into craft beers.

South Farms

near Ogden & Rt 83
Garret Acton with the UI save record. I knew the lad when he was born and was a friend of his late father, Gordon. Gordon was a former scholarship punter at Purdue and the gold pro at Ruffled Feathers CC in Lemont.

SycIllini

Sycamore, Illinois

I would like to believe we are solidly in with a good RPI but, last year still lingers in my mind. Thought we had a good shot last year. Was not to be.

Any case big win tonight to start the series. Fisher has really looked good.