Illini Baseball 2019

Illinois takes 2 out 3 games this series vs a very good Indiana team.

Both teams move to 31-16 for the season.

This 3 game series vs Indy was the 2nd highest attendance record in Illinois baseball history at 7,246 fans for 3 games. Illinois baseball is catching fire in a bottle at the right time.

illinifaninwi

DeForest, Wisconsin
I would like to believe we are solidly in with a good RPI but, last year still lingers in my mind. Thought we had a good shot last year. Was not to be.

Any case big win tonight to start the series. Fisher has really looked good.

Agreed. The Indiana fan is a troll. There are no guarantees based on last year, plus the Illini conference record is still relatively weak, especially considering the Big Ten is only the seventh strongest conference. Illinois has to play two awful teams to close out the Big Ten, which could kill their RPI.

Agreed. The Indiana fan is a troll. There are no guarantees based on last year, plus the Illini conference record is still relatively weak, especially considering the Big Ten is only the seventh strongest conference. Illinois has to play two awful teams to close out the Big Ten, which could kill their RPI.

Pending BTT results, of course, wouldn't we have to be in relatively good shape if we take 2 of 3 in both??

EDIT: I swear if Iowa sweeping us keeps us from making the Tournament, I will lose it ... lol, they have abused us during the last calendar year.

illinifaninwi

DeForest, Wisconsin
I think the Illini have to take a minimum four of six but winning five will help not kill the RPI. If they sweep both, which of course is no easy task, then you could really talk hosting.

This team would be scary good with Spillane. The pitching is very good. My only worry is the lineup against a quality pitching staff in the NCAA Tournament.

illinifaninwi

DeForest, Wisconsin
I think a NCAA bid would be relatively in the bag with series wins against Purdue and Michigan State. However, I hate leaving anything up to the NCAA. Both teams are awful and would make a convenient excuse for the Committee.

FT35

Naperville
Illinois has a chance to host a Regional. Would be great for the program if they can do it.

MSU is relatively hot right now. After a terrible first half of the season, they have won 2 out of 3 in their last three series--against Northwestern, Purdue, and Iowa. The last two of those series wins have been on the road.

illinifaninwi

DeForest, Wisconsin
Illinois is solidly a two seed barring a total collapse. Sweep MSU and make it to the Big Tournament Championship and then hosting could be a serious option.

Tough loss tonight vs MSU. Doesnt hurt the RPI too much since it's a road game, but keeps us from possibly winning a share of the Big Ten title.

Hosting dreams aren't dead, but we probably need to win the Big Ten tournament, or at least make the championship game

Tough loss tonight vs MSU. Doesnt hurt the RPI too much since it's a road game, but keeps us from possibly winning a share of the Big Ten title.

Hosting dreams aren't dead, but we probably need to win the Big Ten tournament, or at least make the championship game

Illinois just won today's game against Michigan State to finish the B1G regular season at 15-9. Indiana clinched the B1G title at 17-7 with their sweep of Rutgers, so there was no way Illinois could have tied them, even with a sweep of MSU.

Illinois could end up in a 3-way tie for third with Nebraska and Minnesota if Minnesota wins their game today.

Got the third seed for the B10 tourney. Play the 6 seed on Weds. morning at 9:00. Opponent TBD.

This is a very good baseball team they have all the tools to go far