Illini Baseball 2019

illinifaninwi

DeForest, Wisconsin
Bad loss to Maryland but the guys are up 3-0 on Michigan right now. That would be a big win to keep a potential 2 seed for the NCAA Tournament.

Man, I don't know how Dan Hartleb didn't lose his mind and get tossed from this game after that call reversal. I think I would have got in the face of all 4 umps before leaving the field.

If it takes you 3 minutes to look at a close call then I can't see how it is clear evidence to overturn. Sucks even more that it happened against Michigan.

Three more outs -

Someone who knows better, does Illinois have any chance of making College World Series? (0 percent chance, 2 percent chance 25 percent chance, etc.)

My son is in a travel baseball tournament there the same weekend and would absolutely love to be cheering on Illinois against all the college baseball powers of the world

Deleted member 236589

D
Three more outs -

Someone who knows better, does Illinois have any chance of making College World Series? (0 percent chance, 2 percent chance 25 percent chance, etc.)

My son is in a travel baseball tournament there the same weekend and would absolutely love to be cheering on Illinois against all the college baseball powers of the world
Nothing is ever 0%, so I'd put it at 0.01%.

The pitching isn't there to get them through the regional and super regional to pull it off. Add that to the fact that one Big Ten team has made it in the last 20 years(2013 Indiana with Schwarber)......I think the chances are slim and none and slim went walking out the door a long while back.

IMO

Should we be surprised? That whole sequence caused me to youtube Illinois-Michigan football 2000...and get pissed off all over again

Six more outs - go Illini

Here's something to cheer you up then:

In the NCAA women's softball tournament, 15 of the 16 host teams advanced out of their regionals last week. The only one who didn't was Michigan, who lost two games in a row to James Madison in Ann Arbor. Of the 16 teams remaining, there is only one that is not representing a Power 5 conference - James Madison :)

illinifaninwi

DeForest, Wisconsin
Nothing is ever 0%, so I'd put it at 0.01%.

The pitching isn't there to get them through the regional and super regional to pull it off. Add that to the fact that one Big Ten team has made it in the last 20 years(2013 Indiana with Schwarber)......I think the chances are slim and none and slim went walking out the door a long while back.

IMO

I'd argue the biggest issue is the lack of top-quality hitting. The pitching isn't dominant but quite good. Defensively this team is very good.

That loss should make the Illini a 3 seed, which doesn't much matter as long as you're in the tournament.

Looking forward to this matchup with Clemson for sure, needless to say. Also believe we have a decent shot at this regional, let’s hope our bats are hot. Let’s go Illini 😎

SycIllini

Sycamore, Illinois
Seems like as good of a draw as we could ask for. Seems better than being @ #4 Georgia. Though Ole Miss is obviously a top program also. I don’t know much about Clemson and Jacksonville St.

For any of you wondering of Clemson baseball, they started off very hot beating some pretty good teams, but they sputtered off the second half of the season and barely made the tournament, ole miss is a well rounded team who finished fairly strong in the SEC tournament, but at our best we have as good a shot as any team to win this regional

Deleted member 645583

D
Tied up in bottom of first. Win or lose, what great Illini uniforms!

Deleted member 236589

D
I like coach using our number 2 starter in game 1, this shows me we are going all out here .

In double elimination tournament play, you almost always want to go with your best. That first game is hugely important, as you don't want your second game to be an elimination game. The chances of making it through the losers bracket from game two on is highly unlikely.

Going with your #2, with the hopes of having your #1 all lined up for the top seed, makes some sense....in theory, but you better be darn sure you can get game 1 to set the table for the game plan to work.

We shall see

get 1 back back, now 3-4 .... as I'm typing what a perfect bunt