Illini Basketball 2016-2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think essentially they mean he works the mid-range game in an age where most players are almost universally shooting threes or trying to dunk; he overcomes his lack of explosiveness by using his body/strength and an assortment of fakes and moves; he takes smaller wings to task from the high post by backing them down or lowering his shoulder and drawing fouls. Essentially, his game wouldn't be unorthodox in 1985, but it's atypical today from an NBA scouting perspective.

I remember Dakitch commentating last year saying if it was 1970 something Hill would be a 1st rounder. Atypical, unorthodox, whatever you wanna call it, his game is fun to watch. Really gonna miss him.

I remember Dakitch commentating last year saying if it was 1970 something Hill would be a 1st rounder. Atypical, unorthodox, whatever you wanna call it, his game is fun to watch. Really gonna miss him.

Agree, yet, let's have Malcolm take the team through some successful wins in the B1G and NCAA tournaments, then we can miss him. ;)

I think essentially they mean he works the mid-range game in an age where most players are almost universally shooting threes or trying to dunk; he overcomes his lack of explosiveness by using his body/strength and an assortment of fakes and moves; he takes smaller wings to task from the high post by backing them down or lowering his shoulder and drawing fouls. Essentially, his game wouldn't be unorthodox in 1985, but it's atypical today from an NBA scouting perspective.

Aka old man YMCA game.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Any news on summer informal practices? Who's looking good?

Also, when does Lucas get the green light?

Captain Bubbles

Fairfield, IL
Anyone see Fletcher slam dunk it? Just watched a video of him throwing it down hard. It looked good.

Think we found our forward/special trainer.

Man I know Fletch can't do it but I'd just love to see when Mav or Finke gets out muscled underneath at the next timeout he gets in the huddle and just stares them down.

Man I know Fletch can't do it but I'd just love to see when Mav or Finke gets out muscled underneath at the next timeout he gets in the huddle and just stares them down.

Fletch can't do it because they won't get out muscled after all the work they put in this off season. :D

To me Kipper looks quite a bit more muscular than Jimmy does in that picture. Jimmy looks kinda small there, whereas Kipper in the video looks pretty well muscled

Kipper' body is certainly B1G ready and maybe NBA ready. He's the headban guy.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-08-02 at 12.05.13 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-08-02 at 12.05.13 PM.png
    324.9 KB · Views: 1,000

Mike

C-U Townie
Kipper' body is certainly B1G ready and maybe NBA ready. He's the headban guy.

Dense muscularity is a very good thing. Hoping he can get some productive minutes. Would like to see him matched up especially against thinner guys. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.