Northern Wisconsin (Brrrr)!
Current & Former Roster Excel File

Here is a roster spreadsheet going back to 1989 FWIW. :illinois:

Attachments

• Illini BBall Roster.pdf
    362.8 KB · Views: 452
God, I want to be good again! LOL

images

This is one hell of a first post. Thanks for sharing!

:illinois:

Pretty sure you can get Illinois rosters going back to the beginning of the program on fightingillini.com. Go to the 2016-17 yearbook and go to history. Even has stats going way back.

Dave's is really good. If you want earlier than 1989, go to yearbook online.

If the rating is accurate and we win against lower rated teams and lose against higher rated 10-3 non conference, 11-7 conference 21-10 overall.

Going by Kenpom, we should beat SEMO on a neutral site by 20.5, and NK by 17. We were slightly worse than those scores (assuming home advantage is about 3 pts).

Granted, it's a terribly small sample, but it had better be a bad rating or we're in for a long season (below .500 in conf). Too many teams well ahead of us (Wiscy, Indiana, Purdue, MSU, tOSU, scUM) plus most of the remaining teams are close to of our level or better. Hopefully we are better than the current predictor. Don't think I can handle it if accurate.

Going by Kenpom, we should beat SEMO on a neutral site by 20.5, and NK by 17. We were slightly worse than those scores (assuming home advantage is about 3 pts).

Mentioned this in the post game thread, but his projected scores were nearly perfect.

NKU
Predicted: Illinois 80-64
Actual: Illinois 79-64

SEMO
Predicted: Illinois 82-63
Actual: Illinois 81-62

UofIChE06

Pittsburgh
Mentioned this in the post game thread, but his projected scores were nearly perfect.

NKU

SEMO

That really is just insane. Hopefully the team comes around to become more efficient on both ends of the floor to start beating the projections. We will see in a couple weeks

whovous

Washington, DC

NKU

SEMO

How does his algorithm treat players recovering from injury? Does it account for two of our top three players (JCL and Big Mike) being near non-factors so far? I can accept Kenpom's 16-14 record if neither of them gets any better this year. But if they played the way they showed they could play last year... watch out.

How does his algorithm treat players recovering from injury? Does it account for two of our top three players (JCL and Big Mike) being near non-factors so far? I can accept Kenpom's 16-14 record if neither of them gets any better this year. But if they played the way they showed they could play last year... watch out.

There's info in his blog about this. Foe example, an update on how he deals with transfers.

ILL in IA

Iowa City
For those able to watch both games, have we been running pretty vanilla offensive sets? I was hoping to see JG get creative with some of the matchups I think we can finally get with everyone playing their natural position and having Tracy back.

For those able to watch both games, have we been running pretty vanilla offensive sets? I was hoping to see JG get creative with some of the matchups I think we can finally get with everyone playing their natural position and having Tracy back.

Well, not sure we really run much of an offense, but it looks pretty similar to last year. A little more emphasis on getting the ball into the post vs SEMO, but still a lot of 3s and mid range stuff.

89illinigrad

Chicago
One bright spot for our team thus far has been our FT defense. If we can continue to hold opposing teams to a .536 FT percentage, we should have a good year. ;)

Long time Illini fan (Nick Weatherspoon was awesome when I was a kid)

I'm more frustrated than I've ever been as a fan.

This year is going to be another train wreck as we have very little talent and are poorly coached

Wake up Illini!! As Bob Seger said it so well.... Time to "Turn the Page"

Thanks for your time

Last edited by a moderator:
Thought the board might like to see this...

I figured it would be interesting to show how one of our recent opponents scouted us and how they planned on trying to defeat us.

Attachments

• 20161113_0548591.jpg
    20161113_0548591.jpg
    904.6 KB · Views: 1,255
  • 20161113_0549161.jpg
    20161113_0549161.jpg
    989 KB · Views: 1,056
  • 20161113_0549261.jpg
    20161113_0549261.jpg
    840.9 KB · Views: 921
I figured it would be interesting to show how one of our recent opponents scouted us and how they planned on trying to defeat us.

Where/How did you get this? I can't see a team posting this anywhere. As a college athlete, I know how important scouting reports are and to be kept amongst your team.

Thanks. Looks about what I think most die hard fans would tell you, but it's cool to see it.

I like the Curry note on JCL --quite a complement. Keeping him off the 3 pt line is easier said than done, but it gets the point across that if you see him there, chase him off, and if you're guarding him, you better keep on him like glue on the perimeter.

They insult Thorne's footwork! That would be a great one to pin up on his locker.

Anyone know what a Lynum is?