Illini Basketball 2017-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look to me like Finke gonna put up some pts in the high post with all these drive and dish guards especially TJL.
Whether he's orange or blue, Ill give the edge to TJLs team in these scrimmages, which is a very good sign for him as a leader.

Most of the orange scoring seemed to be with new or backup players with TJL.

I liked Trent's really quick first step on his drive to the basket. Really love the speed of play...much different than we've seen in the past.
Regardless of wins and losses, I think the new pace is going to be really fun to watch.

Sent from my VS500 using Tapatalk

Braggin' Rights

Anybody have an idea of when Braggin' Rights will be this year? I am trying to plan a vacation and don't wanna cancel my trip because it conflicts with the game!

Deleted member 8213

D
Anybody have an idea of when Braggin' Rights will be this year? I am trying to plan a vacation and don't wanna cancel my trip because it conflicts with the game!

I may be mistaken but I do not believe the date has been announced. The past 2 years it has been on the Wednesday before x-mas which this year is 12/20 ... prior to that for quite a few seasons it had been on the Saturday before x-mas.

Last year the wife and I flew to Mexico Thursday morning following the game. If you really wanna be sure though I wouldn't schedule your flight until Sunday x-mas eve that should be safe.

Edit to add: you could maybe call the Scottrade Center and see if they have a date set.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quickness of TJL and TF may mean more time together than I had anticipated. Also see why BU was excited by the athletic ability of GO. May see significant time this year.

I may be mistaken but I do not believe the date has been announced. The past 2 years it has been on the Wednesday before x-mas which this year is 12/20 ... prior to that for quite a few seasons it had been on the Saturday before x-mas.

Last year the wife and I flew to Mexico Thursday morning following the game. If you really wanna be sure though I wouldn't schedule your flight until Sunday x-mas eve that should be safe.

Edit to add: you could maybe call the Scottrade Center and see if they have a date set.

I might do that. Thanks.

jmilt7

Waukegan

Here are the last 10 years dates. Presumably it will be around the same date as these. Maybe that will help?

2007 December 22
2008 December 23
2009 December 23
2010 December 22
2011 December 22
2012 December 22
2013 December 21
2014 December 20
2015 December 23
2016 December 21

Other power 5 schools released their full schedule already, have they not? I would think within the next couple weeks we will hear something.

Wow this video was fun to watch. I know its a small sample and its just practice but it shows the offense and how quick and explosive it is. To the hole, fast, get a good shot. This is going to be fun to watch!

Deleted member 29907

D
Spicy G with the rebound and spin for the layup! Love It. If this is part of his repertoire as a frosh then call me Excited for the future.

Kind of looked like he tweaked something on the later dunk - looked to have reached for the groin area - hope that isn't anything.

Here are the last 10 years dates. Presumably it will be around the same date as these. Maybe that will help?

2007 December 22
2008 December 23
2009 December 23
2010 December 22
2011 December 22
2012 December 22
2013 December 21
2014 December 20
2015 December 23
2016 December 21

Also, just for help, here are the day, gametime and TV details:

2007 December 22 (Saturday at 7:30 pm on ESPN2)
2008 December 23 (Tuesday at 6:30 pm on ESPN2)
2009 December 23 (Wednesday at 8:30 pm on ESPN2)
2010 December 22 (Wednesday at 8:00 pm on ESPN2)
2011 December 22 (Thursday at 8:00 pm on ESPN2)
2012 December 22 (Saturday at 5:00 pm on ESPN2)
2013 December 21 (Saturday at 4:30 pm on ESPN2)
2014 December 20 (Saturday at 1:00 pm on ESPN2)
2015 December 23 (Wednesday at 6:00 pm on ESPN2)
2016 December 21 (Wednesday at 6:00 pm on ESPNU)

I anticipate Brad Underwood and Cuonzo Martin to bring back some of the national relevance of this game, hopefully meaning a better gametime and better TV situation.

IbleedOandB2014

In BU we trust
Chattanooga
Check out Finke's last instagram post to see the work he's been putting in the weight room

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I anticipate Brad Underwood and Cuonzo Martin to bring back some of the national relevance of this game, hopefully meaning a better gametime and better TV situation.

Like to see UI beat them, than ok for them to carve up the SEC. Counzo is running out of chances to show he can coach. Have no idea if new !!!'ts will help other than bringing recruits. Could be big time if both go into game undefeated .

Illiini

In the land of the Nittany Lion
Mizzou has some serious issues as a university going forward. Enrollment down 7.4% this year - appears somewhat related to the protests and how handled.

http://www.columbiatribune.com/news/20170515/university-of-missouri-enrollment-to-decline-more-than-7-percent-400-jobs-to-be-eliminated

University credits protests. There a lot of alternatives to Mizzou and people are voting with their choices. Impact is huge. Enrollment by new freshmen is down 18 percent? If that keeps happening--and there's no reason to believe it will won't--in four years total enrollment will be off by a fifth. And you know some departments will take bigger hits than others. That could be devastating. Not handled well, Mizzou.

Thought I'd share the 4 main things I took from the video.

1. Finke fits the high post perfectly in BU offense. Will punish teams and will create space for cuts bringing his big defender out of the paint.

2. Smith is not scared of anyone. Love seeing the attempt.

3. Ebo will get some valuable PT

4. Leron looks extremely healthy and seems to have alittle more pep to him.

Thought I'd share the 4 main things I took from the video.

1. Finke fits the high post perfectly in BU offense. Will punish teams and will create space for cuts bringing his big defender out of the paint.

2. Smith is not scared of anyone. Love seeing the attempt.

3. Ebo will get some valuable PT

4. Leron looks extremely healthy and seems to have alittle more pep to him.

Was Kipper there? Did not see him.

RedRocksIllini

Morrison, CO
The underrated player in that video: Tyler Underwood. Nice pass to Smith and nice bucket.

You know what they say about a coach's son/daughter. Though Underwood is a RS-WO, you can't deny what he brings to practice to help his teammates get better.

Lots to like in that video. Noticed Tyler as well. Anybody know if he's eligible to play this year? No idea (obviously) what the rules are re. walk-on transfers.

Status
Not open for further replies.