Illini Basketball 2017-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. I think a lot of guys would have criticized Leron for working on the perimeter, especially after going 11-37 last season. This year, that's a tool he needs to have in his toolbox.

Interesting. I think a lot of guys would have criticized Leron for working on the perimeter, especially after going 11-37 last season. This year, that's a tool he needs to have in his toolbox.

What game did he break through in last year and hit bunch of 3s? When he's hitting it adds a different element to our team.

I think he had a few games like that... but the one that pops to mind is our home game against sparty

Leron has such a unique game. I mean this in the best way-- He's a high functioning, talented tweener. If he can get that 3-ball consistent, he really embodies the whole "positionless" basketball concept.

Leron has such a unique game. I mean this in the best way-- He's a high functioning, talented tweener. If he can get that 3-ball consistent, he really embodies the whole "positionless" basketball concept.

3 ball + handles.

I said it last year that Black needs to channel his inner Roger Powell. Both tweeners, Powell more SF and Black more PF IMO. This offense will define roles and purpose for our players.

Captain Bubbles

Fairfield, IL
illini2017.PNG

Kipper No-Nipples
BTW, is Good Vibes the Hi-Fi Store still in Champaign?
The underrated strong person in that photo: Spicy G.

You can tell his body is transforming nicely. Huge kudos to Fletch.

It's a mixed bag. Some of those away games are pretty tough. But home Iowa + Maryland and double Rutgers is favorable.

Any predictions on who (besides us of course) will make a surprise Minnesota type jump this year? I'm thinking penn state.

Illiini

In the land of the Nittany Lion
I think this is pretty good schedule this year. No Purdue, Iowa, Maryland or Penn State on the road.

Dang. I'm in PA and we have made a weekend of the Penn State game for the last two years. I was looking for revenge. I guess I'll have to make do with Rutgers. And revenge is due there.

Excellent news. I'd love to see a team where we swap our guards regularly to keep them fresh and wear down defenses.

Dang. I'm in PA and we have made a weekend of the Penn State game for the last two years. I was looking for revenge. I guess I'll have to make do with Rutgers. And revenge is due there.

Without Rutgers we might still be stuck with Groce.

Home & Away
Indiana
Sparty
Wiscy
Neb
Rutgers

Away
Minny
NW
OSU
Mich

Home
Purdue
PSU
MD
Iowa

I'm not going to complain, but I would have liked to see at least one weak team in the away column. OSU didn't do much last year, maybe they're worse than I realize. They'll be plenty of good teams in the BIG.

Status
Not open for further replies.