Illini Basketball 2017-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 8213

D
Illinois freshman Da'Monte Williams (ACL) is expected to be fully cleared in early September, per Brad Underwood.
https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/status/892032410237493248

M1nEp7h.gif

jmilt7

Waukegan
Any predictions on who (besides us of course) will make a surprise Minnesota type jump this year? I'm thinking penn state.

Don't know if this would qualify as the same kind of thing Minnesota did but this article explains, as the article is entitled, "The Big Ten handed Iowa a men’s basketball schedule that could vault the Hawkeyes to the NCAA Tournament for the fourth time in the last five years."

And the article states Iowa could also vie for the Big Ten title.

https://www.landof10.com/iowa/iowa-basketballs-big-ten-opponents-lay-perfectly-radar-title-run

Don't know if this would qualify as the same kind of thing Minnesota did but this article explains, as the article is entitled, "The Big Ten handed Iowa a men’s basketball schedule that could vault the Hawkeyes to the NCAA Tournament for the fourth time in the last five years."

And the article states Iowa could also vie for the Big Ten title.

https://www.landof10.com/iowa/iowa-basketballs-big-ten-opponents-lay-perfectly-radar-title-run

Minny went from 2-16 and 13th place in B1G in 015-016 TO 11-7 and 4th place in B1G in 016-017. Probably unprecedented in B1G history. A 9 game swing.!!

Tevo

Wilmette, IL
Hey Lon Kruger went from 13-3 in one season to 3-13 the next! 10 game swing! Of course, wrong direction, but still!

IbleedOandB2014

In BU we trust
Chattanooga
What's everyone's bets on who the captains will be this year? I'm thinking Lucas and Finke. Alstork is a wild card to me but a hard sell because he hasn't been around the team much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's everyone's bets on who the captains will be this year? I'm thinking Lucas and Finke. Alstork is a wild card to me but a hard sell because he hasn't been around the team much.

Gonna bet that will be a team thing, players vote, so it wouldn't be till b4 games start. Black and Finke my bet.

IbleedOandB2014

In BU we trust
Chattanooga

Black's work ethic is tremendous but his past mistake makes me wonder. He's moved on and a better person because of it. He's a lead by example guy on the team. Tejon and Finke have to be the on and off the court voice.

Deleted member 8213

D
Someone was asking about the date of the BR game. We pretty much had it narrowed down to the Wednesday-Saturday before X-mas. Still nothing officially official but I did find a link in the Post Dispatch to the Miznoz schedule and it lists that game as "Dec. 20-23" ... which of course are the dates of Weds thru Sat before x-mas as we speculated.

My wife is eager for this info as well as she lives for Mexico at christmas time.

KJKobs

Chicago, IL
Braggin Rights game date: Saturday, December 23rd

DGP-pQfWsAEj6PO.jpg

What is the best time slot for a Saturday game? What is our best hope for maximum coverage/exposure?

Third from the right former central maroon Clayton jones. All the way left I think is a walk on whose name I can't recall

Deleted member 8213

D
Player name help...All the way on the left? And third from the right?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Walkons Samson Oladimeji on the left and Clayton Jones 3rd from rt.

SO glad Braggin' Rights is on a Saturday ... I always have such a fun time watching that one with my friends at a bar, haha. It's one of the few Illini games of the year they (Iowa fans) think is legitimately cool and fun to watch.

Ransom Stoddard

Ordained Dudeist Priest
Bloomington, IL
SO glad Braggin' Rights is on a Saturday ... I always have such a fun time watching that one with my friends at a bar, haha. It's one of the few Illini games of the year they (Iowa fans) think is legitimately cool and fun to watch.

A lot of people from Iowa are really Missourians who just got lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.