Screen Shot 2017-07-28 at 9.50.22 AM.png
    471.7 KB · Views: 859
TJL
Smith
Alstork
Black
Finke

Two things I would like to point out.

Alstork will not only be starting, but he will lead us in scoring and will be our best player. He's not doing 3 a days right now to come off the bench.

I originally wanted Kipper to start at the 4, but after everything I have seen recently with Leron, I have changed my mind. His energy is contagious out there and he gives off an upperclassmen vibe that we haven't seen from him yet.

I originally got a little too caught up in how he would fit into our half court offense, but if we are really playing as fast as it looks, I think he is going to really thrive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deleted member 4333

D
Lots to like in that video. Noticed Tyler as well. Anybody know if he's eligible to play this year? No idea (obviously) what the rules are re. walk-on transfers.

He's attending his third school in three years. Not eligible this year.

RedRocksIllini

Morrison, CO
He's attending his third school in three years. Not eligible this year.

Thanks for clarifying. I know there's been discussion over the years about changing the rules for walk-ons (specifically around Baker Mayfield situation) but I've never seen the rules clearly laid out. I tried to read the NCAA rules and it just made my head hurt. Maybe "clear" and "NCAA" are mutually exclusive.

TJL
Smith
Alstork
Black
Finke

Two things I would like to point out.

Alstork will not only be starting, but he will lead us in scoring and will be our best player. He's not doing 3 a days right now to come off the bench.

I originally wanted Kipper to start at the 4, but after everything I have seen recently with Leron, I have changed my mind. His energy is contagious out there and he gives off an upperclassmen vibe that we haven't seen from him yet.

I originally got a little too caught up in how he would fit into our half court offense, but if we are really playing as fast as it looks, I think he is going to really thrive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good point. I too thought Leron might be problematic in a half-court set playing on the perimeter due to poor handles, but the more I think about it he can really thrive playing up tempo. I think I'm still stuck in the Groce offensive mindset :D

Good point. I too thought Leron might be problematic in a half-court set playing on the perimeter due to poor handles, but the more I think about it he can really thrive playing up tempo. I think I'm still stuck in the Groce offensive mindset :D

I like him for defense, rebounding and intensity, I know that. In the half court he can always enter the ball to the high post as opposed to running a straight pick and roll. That limits the more advanced handle requirements if he needs to. BU is also on record saying he didn't know Leron could handle it as well as he can. That's extremely encouraging to me and calms my greatest concerns. I also think with Finke and Leron, maybe the first guy down the court rim runs and goes to the high post and second guy plays perimeter. Gives the team some flexibility and changes the look the defense has to guard. They'd also have the ability to switch from perimeter to high post within the possession when in the right spots. Just more things for the defense to worry about.

Fletch has done alot of magic in a short period of time and we are seeing great results. Get all guys in , great condition, healthy diet and alot of reps on the weights, we will be ready for the season to start. :illinois:

illini2017.PNG

Kipper No-Nipples
BTW, is Good Vibes the Hi-Fi Store still in Champaign?

Last edited:

Magoo222

St Louis, MO
I can name 8 of the lads here, not counting Fletch. Could someone please id them left to right ?

Gunner23

Panama City, Florida
Fletcher, Jordan, Eboigbodin, Williams, Finke, Jones, Fraizer, Liss, Underwood, Black, Cayce, Smith, Lucas, Oladimeji, Alstork.

I wonder why Kipset wasn't in this picture...???

They should be color coded like Trent. Always recognize him. Kipper always wore a head band. Size difficult to tell in a picture like this but Williams looks tall and Trent looks as tall as Smith. Never sure how accurately heights are listed.

Status
Not open for further replies.