Illini Basketball 2017-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

blmillini

Bloomington, IL
Archie was the best hire this year. Maybe the gap isn't large, but hes got a pedigree unmatched by the other hires.

That being said, success at Indiana is almost impossible. Although I agree with their fan base that Crean wasn't getting the job done, he had plenty of great teams. It was finally time for a change their but he was by no means their worst coach in recent memory. The expectations are extremely high there. Its gonna take a lot of work by Archie to sustain the kind of success expected.

While we do have pretty high expectations, theres so much apathy around our basketball teams recent performance that even making the tournament for a few years would be seen as a pretty massive accomplishment. I think BU will start to raise expectations by himself. Thats always better than having to meet some sort of requirement.

I don't agree that there is apathy toward our basketball program... football, yes but people have hope we are at the beginning of turning that corner too.

I don't agree that there is apathy toward our basketball program... football, yes but people have hope we are at the beginning of turning that corner too.

Ever since Groce got a Nunn commitment that all changed.:)

More like disgusted, for many reasons, but I do agree we made a great change, the coaches voted that we got 2nd best option, let's reevaluate in 5 years. I'm very satisfied with the choice that Whitman made. Think we will proudly support our basketball team , with many wins in the future.;):illinois:

Back on a normal ESPN channel! If we don't stumble out of the gates and Missouri rebounds significantly (as expected) from last year, this game is going to be intense. No more 50% full crowds (40% Illini, 10% Mizzou, LOL).

In Austin? Sure. In Illinois? Ummm, well, maybe if you wear a sweater, lol.

Yeah I BBQ'd on Christmas two years ago. It was glorious. The heat is really only unbearable for about 1-2 months. The hurricane has really cooled us recently.

icengineer

Southern Illinois
Yeah I BBQ'd on Christmas two years ago. It was glorious. The heat is really only unbearable for about 1-2 months. The hurricane has really cooled us recently.

I believe it! I get to Austin 4-6 times a year. One of my daughters lives there, works at UT. It's a cool town, some good beer and good grub there! Was just at Oskar Blues Saturday afternoon before last, throwing down a few brews.

Last edited:

alaaji

Morocco
Actually, it's "yoked," you'll see if you look at the definitions of both words.
That would be "yoked out" or "yolked". Either one is good. [emoji2]

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

bdutts

Houston, Texas

In Houston, it's bad June, July and August. September can be bad, too. the winters here are pretty sweet. Bad thing is I'll be in Illinois at the time of the game no shorts for me.

3 schools in the B1G have all had a month of practices and foreign trips. Iowa, Wisc, and Purdue. Interestingly, some of the stars for each team were Freshman, Eastern, Garza and Davison.

Peoria Illini

Peoria, IL
When's the last time we went overseas? 3 offseasons ago? 2? It was the one were Darius Paul was arrested, correct? Italy?

When's the last time we went overseas? 3 offseasons ago? 2? It was the one were Darius Paul was arrested, correct? Italy?

That was the last time overseas. Speaking of Darius, is he still in school, playing basketball overseas, refurbishing Ferrari's on the Velocity channel, or something else?

Archie was the best hire this year. Maybe the gap isn't large, but hes got a pedigree unmatched by the other hires.

How is his pedigree unmatched? He took 3 seasons to make it to the NCAAs. His 3rd season E8 run was followed by a single tournament win over the next 3 seasons.

On the plus side, winning the A10 twice is impressive, and so is that E8 appearance.

Agree Indiana is a tough place to coach. Folks still remember when they had a legendary coach, but they don't recruit at the level of Duke/Kentucky/KU.

That was the last time overseas. Speaking of Darius, is he still in school, playing basketball overseas, refurbishing Ferrari's on the Velocity channel, or something else?

Darius ended his "Senior" year (016-107) at Robert Morris. He averaged 18.7 PPG and was All NAIA HM. That incident in France was the beginning of the end for Groce.

Darius ended his "Senior" year (016-017) at Robert Morris. He averaged 18.7 PPG and was All NAIA HM. That incident in France was the beginning of the end for Groce.

Good for Darius getting honorable mention last year (with some decent stats), hopefully he worked through his personal problems successfully and maybe will land a gig overseas at some point, if that's his goal. Curious if BU has taken any of his previous teams overseas for summer tour practice sessions and whether he might consider doing it in the future for the Illini?

icengineer

Southern Illinois
2 more months....... I don't know if I can make it....

Just quickly glancing down that list I sure seem to see a lot of Wisc on ESPN......

Good for Darius getting honorable mention last year (with some decent stats), hopefully he worked through his personal problems successfully and maybe will land a gig overseas at some point, if that's his goal. Curious if BU has taken any of his previous teams overseas for summer tour practice sessions and whether he might consider doing it in the future for the Illini?

I think you only get to go once every five years.

Status
Not open for further replies.