Illini Basketball 2017-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't give 2 poops about the games being on BTN plus if the service was included with a BTN subscription and the stream actually worked more than half the time.

We should all be uniting behind not paying for BTN plus. I, personally, will search far and wide for pirated streams for all BTN plus games out of principle.

Bubba Eder

Northeast Missouri
I wouldn't give 2 poops about the games being on BTN plus if the service was included with a BTN subscription and the stream actually worked more than half the time.

We should all be uniting behind not paying for BTN plus. I, personally, will search far and wide for pirated streams for all BTN plus games out of principle.

I'm behind this 100%

The streams have always buffered well for me. Plus it's easier to rewatch (usually a lot of fun stuff to watch for during early games) because I stream games broadcasted on network tv (I can't record for later). Also, manual slow motion replays are an awesome feature! The amateur announcers are by far the worst part, imo. Pay wall is also obnoxious. Overall, pretty meh over the big ten plus experience, but I'm not boycotting and dealing with an inferior and difficult to find stream.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

You can also just wait a day or two and watch the replay on BTN.

Of course, maximizing BTN revenue increases cash passed on to the Athletic Department, which this AD has been pouring into the improved facilities which we all agree are desperately needed - due in large part to the fact that other BIG schools have been pouring their share of BTN revenues into their improved facilities.

Big Ten Network is a joke... Want to complain to somebody about it on the phone? Too bad! A company that provides a service to a hundred million people only allows you to voice concerns via an email that you most certainly won't get a response to. At least I never do.

Don't even get me going into them not using their extra channels to air different games going on at the same time because a 3rd rate camera crew costs oh so much and the big ten network is struggling or something..

Big Ten Network is a joke... Want to complain to somebody about it on the phone? Too bad! A company that provides a service to a hundred million people only allows you to voice concerns via an email that you most certainly won't get a response to. At least I never do.

Don't even get me going into them not using their extra channels to air different games going on at the same time because a 3rd rate camera crew costs oh so much and the big ten network is struggling or something..
My question (that I have no idea what the answer is)...how is btn in comparison to the ACC, big 12, etc?

Are we getting the short end of the stick, or are we simply unhappy with the product that NCAA bball provides in general? I'm thinking conference as a whole, not just Illinois bball.

There is a risk (I assume) for the big ten that we might to switch our viewership to the NBA due to poor product, but little risk of us switching to another conference.

Do they just know they can provide this service and have little change in viewership? Are we on par with other P5 conferences for amenities? NBA tv is bad, but not this bad.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

ivwilsoniv

Aurora, IL
Back to basketball - what's everyone's projection for the starting lineup at the beginning of the season, and then the starting lineup halfway through the season?

I got to hear Underwood speak today at a coaching conference in Normal, IL. I must say I walked away even more impressed than I already was. He explained his spread offense and you can't help but be excited about what our team will look like in the near future. He really emphasizes that his players go 100% at all times and if they don't he sends them to the treadmill as a form of punishment.

I got to hear Underwood speak today at a coaching conference in Normal, IL. I must say I walked away even more impressed than I already was. He explained his spread offense and you can't help but be excited about what our team will look like in the near future. He really emphasizes that his players go 100% at all times and if they don't he sends them to the treadmill as a form of punishment.

Ah the treadmill! When I saw Huggins talk about press Virginia he talked about it too. Those guys really love that thing.

Beginning of season:

- Alstork
- Finke
- Black
- Lucas
- Smithd

Halfway through:

- Alstork
- Nichols
- Black
- Lucas
- Smith

Start
Lucas
Smith
Alstork
Black
Finke

Before midpoint - Northwestern game
Smith - 6'5
Alstork 6'5
Black - 6'7
Nichols - 6'7
Finke - 6'10

That is a big line-up with (4) bonfire scoring threats...

I am absolutely bamboozled people don't see kipper in the starting lineup. Gee, a big,strong athlete with a motor who can play the 2-4 and lock down anybody ��

For all of the people who have both Black and Finke starting, who is going to fill out the minutes at the high post and guard the opposing 5 when Finke needs a break? I seriously doubt any of the freshmen will be ready for more than 5 minutes a game until at least the mid-way of the conference schedule.

I am absolutely bamboozled people don't see kipper in the starting lineup. Gee, a big,strong athlete with a motor who can play the 2-4 and lock down anybody ��

It's not that we don't think he should be there, it's just that we think Lucas deserves to start after his performance last year and since BU loves versatile guards and given his talent, we all want/think Mark Smith will start as well. I think for this team, Kip is perfect as the sixth man bringing that energy and a defensive presence off the bench. A starting backcourt of Lucas, Smith and Alstork is incredibly gifted and versatile offensively. I expect Kip to play at or near starters minutes anyway so let's not get hung up on that.

For all of the people who have both Black and Finke starting, who is going to fill out the minutes at the high post and guard the opposing 5 when Finke needs a break? I seriously doubt any of the freshmen will be ready for more than 5 minutes a game until at least the mid-way of the conference schedule.

If you split the 80 minutes of the two positions 3 ways it is manageable without the freshmen no matter who starts. I would guess it depends on the development of the freshmen and the match ups.

Status
Not open for further replies.