Illini Basketball 2017-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the way BU talks about this team. Can't wait to see them in action.

:thumb:If you don't get excited for the season to start after watching that, there's something wrong with you!

Dan

Admin
Brad Underwood Media Day Press Conference

[YOUTUBE]6Y2WHkpA4QQ[/YOUTUBE]

Underwood: Practice has gone how I thought it would.. Minus an injury or two that has set us back.

Underwood: Freshmen truly are going through a big adjustment. But their energy has been off the charts.

Underwood: I feel like we've established our culture. Guys are coming in for extra work. Extra shots. Haven't had a bad day.

Underwood: Leron Black has helped reinforce how good I think he can be. He's an All-B1G type of player. Told him that.

Underwood: Leron is showing leadership qualities. Going to be at the top of everyone's scouting report.

Underwood: Still awaiting Te'Jon's return from concussion. Had a collision with Mark Smith. He's in concussion protocol.

Underwood: Starting to work on some different things now. Zone offense. Out of bounds plays. Mixing up our defense.

Underwood: I feel really good. I like this group.

Underwood: Tremendous value in the veterans' leadership and experience. Have a base knowledge despite change in the particulars.

Underwood: Had some unbelievable segments in practice in transition. Very pleased. Also playing very unselfish.

Underwood: Brought officials in on Saturday. Seeing what it looks like with game flow.

Underwood: If I have a surprise, it's Da'Monte. Terrific, terrific feel. Chance to be an elite defender.

Underwood: See the instincts of Frank Williams in Da'Monte. Monte is a more explosive jumper. Still finding confidence in that.

Underwood: The feel, the passing.. Da'Monte sees a lot out there that few see.

Underwood on Finke: Going to have some big nights. Going to have a big year. Fits the system so well. Consistent day to day.

Underwood: Matic is extremely skilled. Can expect him to play more on perimeter. Can catch & shoot. One of best passers.

https://twitter.com/DPiperScout

TownieMatt

CU Expat
Chicago
https://twitter.com/IlliniMBB/status/918207986203611138

xaQYEu1.jpg

Interesting that Finke is listed at 6'10", while Vesel is listed at 6'9". Sure looks like Vesel is just as tall, if not taller. Excited to see what he brings.

Last edited by a moderator:
xaQYEu1.jpg

Interesting that Finke is listed at 6'10", while Vesel is listed at 6'9". Sure looks like Vesel is just as tall, if not taller. Excited to see what he brings.

He totally looks like the tallest guy on the team in that picture.

CoalCity

St Paul, MN
xaQYEu1.jpg

Quiz: Which one of the standing players just met Mr. Fletch?

Hair game is strong with this team.

This coming from a guy who hasn't paid for a hair cut in over 20 years(buzz cuts all day long).

Dan

Admin
[YOUTUBE]uRIuNp0sxbQ[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]Di_gTKhaBcs[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]wI70dDGNX1w[/YOUTUBE]
[youtube]jTUMBve5t3M[/youtube]

Last edited:
[YOUTUBE]1M0SKgisSPE[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]F321txnfL4Y[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]8liFyHOdu_o[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]-g7VGp-S-0k[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]bTij1jAo9IM[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]-GwUJ1AnpFQ[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]q6lqDSojT0Y[/YOUTUBE]

From watching BU's press conference, I think we can put to rest the whole "Damonte might not play much this year" he really seemed to light up when he talked about him. He will be a LOCK in our rotation, kid has the "it" factor.

That was very encouraging, then again...every player has gotten good reviews from Underwood so far. Damonte missed a ton of practice time so he's already a step behind. Hopefully he can catch back up but I wouldn't call him a lock.

Deleted member 4960

D
More I hear Underwood speak the more I like him. Doesn't do coach speak and tells it like it is! I sure hope he doesn't get taken down by the coaching scandal. If not I'm sure he leads us back to the promised land.

That was very encouraging, then again...every player has gotten good reviews from Underwood so far. Damonte missed a ton of practice time so he's already a step behind. Hopefully he can catch back up but I wouldn't call him a lock.

Williams has more than caught up.

Status
Not open for further replies.