Illini Basketball 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ransom Stoddard

Ordained Dudeist Priest
Bloomington, IL
Lost in 94, won in 2004 and won in 2005. At least for recent-ish games.

from fightingillini.com

Georgetown (4-1)
Home 1-0.....Away 1-0.....Neutral 2-1

12-27-1965.....96-94.....W.....New York City, MSG
03-18-1994.....77-84.....L......Oklahoma City (NCAA Round 1)
11-11-1998.....65-50.....W.....New York City, MSG
12-09-2004.....74-59.....W.....Washington D.C.
12-08-2005.....58-48.....W.....Champaign

SKane

Tennessee
It looks like a relatively favorable schedule for ILL.

hooraybeer

Pittsburgh, PA
was really hoping for an Illini basketball game at maryland this year, so was happy to see we played there this year, only to read that the game will actually be played in MSG in NYC :hand:

oh well, will get to see the football team out there at least

kuhl84

Orlando, FL
I see 11 wins or more. That means NCAA Tournament.:thumb:

Doubtful that 11 wins gets us in the Tourney. I think it is optimistic to assume that we will be 8 - 3 non-con. With 11 wins, we would be 19 - 12, regular season. In a mediocre B1G, I would assume we would need 12 or 13 wins and 20 to 21 wins total.

Deleted member 4333

D
I'd be more than satisfied if we went 10 - 10 in the Big Ten next year.

kuhl84

Orlando, FL

Depends on what our final roster looks like. 10 - 10 would certainly be a step in the right direction. Beats the hell out of 4 wins.

-----------------------------------------
Known 2018-19 Illini schedule-

Georgetown at Illinois in Nov. (Gavitt Games)
Maui Invitational Nov. 19-21
UNLV at Illinois on Dec. 8th

#B1G has announced 2018-19 conference opponents. First year of 20-game schedule.

HOME & AWAY
Indiana
Minnesota
Nebraska
Northwestern
Ohio State
Penn State
Wisconsin

HOME ONLY
Michigan
Michigan State
Rutgers

AWAY ONLY
Iowa
Maryland (game reportedly to be played in NYC)
Purdue

https://twitter.com/IlliniMBB/status/987043582061277184

Undefeated. Sharpie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blackdog

Champaign
I thought I could remember every dribble from that season...but I have no recollection of this. Interesting box score.

I was at that game with my Dad who was an Illini alum too. I was in HS at the time and it was my first Illini game I ever went to and the start of my fandom. Was a very loud pro Illini contingent present and there were several ILL-INI chants back and forth across the arena.

illini80

Forgottonia
Depends on what our final roster looks like. 10 - 10 would certainly be a step in the right direction. Beats the hell out of 4 wins.

With 7 or 8 freshman on the roster, 10 conference wins would be a great season. And I do think it's possible.

illini80

Forgottonia
@JonRothstein

The Big Ten's early conference games for the 2018-19 college basketball season will be held between Friday 11/30 and Tuesday 12/4, per a source.

https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/status/987419469579538432

Those 2 early games are huge because they are practicially in a different season. Teams change a lot from November to January. And there is really no way to know who is playing over their head early and who is just off to a slow start. Probably favors the lower echelon teams that might catch a team with better talent that hasn't come together yet.

People are setting themselves up for disappointment with this 10 win talk at this point. The frosh we got coming in are solid but these aren’t all top 30 players.

One could use UK last season at 10-8 with how many top tier young players?

I personally believe we need to be a bit more realistic. Hoping for better but not expecting NCAA tourney next year.

Deleted member 236589

D
People are setting themselves up for disappointment with this 10 win talk at this point. The frosh we got coming in are solid but these aren’t all top 30 players.

One could use UK last season at 10-8 with how many top tier young players?

I personally believe we need to be a bit more realistic. Hoping for better but not expecting NCAA tourney next year.

7 months from the beginning of the season, the O & B Kool-Aid is flowing.

After 10 games, there will be talk on here of the coach needing to be fired and kids needing to transfer.

Comes with the territory.

Deleted member 236589

D
Are you an Illini fan? Why don't we show these kids some positive posts and quit the gloom and doom.

I agree with you 100% about being positive. That said, being positive and supportive doesn't mean putting unrealistic expectations on the kids nor the coach. To the contrary....being supportive and positive is giving them room and time to grow. This team has more new faces than returning faces.....most of them being true freshman. Anyone thinking that they are going to win more than they lose in conference isn't being realistic. Hopeful and wishful, yes, but realistic, not so much.

That just my opinion, but I'm hoping and wishing that I'll be surprised.

Doom and gloom
Positivity
Realistic expectations

One of these I was not.

Tevo

Wilmette, IL
Realistic?? C'mon man, its almost May... we have NEVER lost a game in May. :thumb:

Only because we've never been good enough to play one!

Thanks, Obama.

Deleted member 4333

D

I'm certainly not expecting to win 10 Big Ten games next year. Hence, I'd be more than satisfied with 10 wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.