Illini Basketball 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
We could legitimately have the worst front court in division one college basketball this year.

UofI08

Chicago
Can you imagine the field day we'd be having on here if this was happening to a rival program?

Peoria Illini

Peoria, IL
I guess Ayo won't have to ask him to give up number 11...

That was the main reason for him transferring... LOL!

Seriously, I hope everything in his personal life is okay.

Samba and Giorgi will get plenty of opportunities to grow and shine!

Is this program in any better shape than in was of March of 2017? Cant believe I'm even asking that

It hasn't been since Tilmon decommitted.

What it has been is more promising than in March of 2017, just because John Groce isnt our head coach. I believed progress had been made since then though, and that's all that mattered. Now I'm questioning it. Still too early, but if we go into next year without a couple of 5th years, it wont be pretty, no other way to spin it. And now the 19-20 season is looking less and less promising.

Underwood will have to make some major moves next recruiting class or else this team wont ever move out from the middle to bottom.

UofI08

Chicago
Has a new coach ever lost 3 of the first 5 players he signed to transfer after just his first year? That has to be new territory. And the weird thing is the 2 that are staying, Trent and Damonte, were recruited primarily by the previous staff. Weird stuff.

Best of luck to Spicy G, a great kid who showed something this year, will benefit from a redshirt season, and has a bright future in college basketball, in my view.

But guys, this is getting more than a little Kevin Stallings-y.

What is going on behind the scenes that this is happening? I know BU is a hard coach to play for, but come on. This is ridiculous.

Big question about what is going on in the program right now. We just lost a player who was basically guaranteed major minutes. Right now we do not have a single post player who has played a minute of big 10 basketball. Serious issues if Underwood is running off players he recruited after only one year in the program. What in the world is going on?

UofI08

Chicago
Best of luck to Spicy G, a great kid who showed something this year, will benefit from a redshirt season, and has a bright future in college basketball, in my view.

But guys, this is getting more than a little Kevin Stallings-y.

Agree with all of this. The weird thing is from the outside the Stallings hire at Pitt and Underwood here could not have been received any more differently than they were. Underwood was praised as a homerun hire while (I've always been a casual Pitt fan) the Stallings hire was pretty much blasted. Crazy that they're going down very similar paths.

airplane-cant-be-serious.gif

What is going on behind the scenes that this is happening? I know BU is a hard coach to play for, but come on. This is ridiculous.

Yeah this is a bad warning sign. WTF. Somebody has to know what is going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.