Penn State
Wisconsin

HOME ONLY
Michigan
Michigan State
Rutgers

AWAY ONLY
Iowa
Maryland (game reportedly to be played in NYC)
Purdue

Last edited by a moderator:
At first glance this is a very favorable schedule. Only thing that could have made it better is if we played Rutgers twice. We should hopefully be .500 or better.

t7nich

Central IL
HOME ONLY
Michigan
Michigan State

This stood out to me. Only play them once, and it's at home.

Dan

Admin
The new schedules ensure that all three of the Big Ten's in-state rivals - Illinois/Northwestern, Indiana/Purdue, and Michigan/Michigan State-will play twice on an annual basis. Additionally, there will be regional rotations in both the east and in the west. Rather than protecting a single opponent on a yearly basis for the remaining eight teams, annual rotations involving the four eastern teams (Maryland, Ohio State, Penn State and Rutgers) and the four western teams (Iowa, Minnesota, Nebraska and Wisconsin) have been strategically developed to optimize travel, academic and recovery impacts while encouraging increased competition among institutions that are near each other geographically.

Q: When will the final schedules be released?

A: In mid-August

http://www.bigten.org/sports/m-bask...n=athletic_mbasketball_apr&utm_medium=org-soc

Deleted member 628259

D
I know it helps our record, but I'm just about done showing up to watch Rutgers

ILFaninFL

Nature Coast in Florida
I must be old ... which I am ... but I think you should always play two against Indiana, Iowa, Purdue, Wisconsin, Minnesota and Northwestern.

I’m worried about a bunch of road games to start like the last few seasons

As someone stuck over in Iowa City, I am happy they're playing at Carver again ... but I'm also kind of bummed that I won't get to bring my friends for a roadtrip game to Champaign like a few years ago. Oh well, pretty favorable schedule (I think??).

What did 13 wins do for Nebraska?

I always wish they'd have the committee redo the selection show based on post season performance. Not even a reseeding, just a quick "hey maybe THIS should've been the field." Not sure Nebby would've made it but obviously PSU would've.

Never gonna happen but still. B1G was criminally underrated and though performance didn't really show that, I think one of PSU/Nebby should've made it, even before the postseason. I'd be very confident in saying if we win 13 conference games, we make the tourney, barring an awful OOC/B1G tourney showing. 11 might be pushing it since we have 20 B1G games now.

Gunner23

Panama City, Florida
I’m worried about a bunch of road games to start like the last few seasons

Not sure which is worse, playing a few early season road games or playing MSU, OSU, scUM, etc. when all of the students (and Krush) are on Christmas break... If we could play Rutgers or other mid level B1G teams early, at home, then a few early home games would be nice before the students get back on campus. Otherwise, I would like to take my chances on the road early, while their students are on break and play in front of better crowds against the top of the league teams at the UC. :chief:

Kipper believes in Vesel. Said he works hard. So, I'm looking forward to him contributing.

With all the the remaining roster having a year behind them, think we will see Improvement in all there games. They have all seen BU in action, they know what to expect. Personal skills and maturity with be the biggest assest.

BU stated he can't wait to see TF and Ayo go at it in practice, guessing there will be many more battles for minutes in game. This I think is the "culture" thing BU wants. They all get to practice hard, and get ready for games in fall. And BU has that huge carrot to dangle in front of them, a trip to Maui before Thanksgiving! Any motivation there?;):illinois:

The new guys will be hungry to play and learn, but the upperclassmen won't just hand it to them, they will have to earn it.

Last edited:
With all the the remaining roster having a year behind them, think we will see Improvement in all there games. They have all seen BU in action, they know what to expect. Personal skills and maturity with be the biggest assest.

BU stated he can't wait to see TF and Ayo go at it in practice, guessing there will be many more battles for minutes in game. This I think is the "culture" thing BU wants. They all get to practice hard, and get ready for games in fall. And BU has that huge carrot to dangle in front of them, a trip to Maui before Thanksgiving! Any motivation there?;):illinois:
I can see Maui as driving excitement with players looking fwd to good competition, but dont see it "motivating".

Sent from my VS500 using Tapatalk

As someone stuck over in Iowa City, I am happy they're playing at Carver again ... but I'm also kind of bummed that I won't get to bring my friends for a roadtrip game to Champaign like a few years ago. Oh well, pretty favorable schedule (I think??).

I recently moved to SE Michigan. Happy we only play those schools once, bummed I won't be able to see us live close to me in either sport next year, as football doesn't come back until the 2019 season against UM. Guess I need to make a return to Champaign.

jmilt7

Waukegan
Do we have any idea on the incoming players' jersey numbers?

On the Fighting Illini website Kane is wearing 24 and Feliz 10 in a picture. Don't know if those are official though. The others (Griffin, Jones, Giorgi) are obscured.

Last edited:
On the Fighting Illini website Kane is wearing 24 and Feliz 10 in a picture. Don't know if those are official though. The others (Griffin, Jones, Giorgi) are obscured.

Got to believe Ayo is 11 and Griffin is 0.

haasi

New York
Jones would probably be 4 if matic leaves. If matic stays who knows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.