Illini Basketball 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

breadman

Herndon, VA
Ebo cannot leave!! I don't care what the reason is. Fix it!

OK, after many deep breaths, maybe Ebo was not making the kind of progress the coaching staff was hoping to see in this off season?? Just wondering.

Word from West Quad is another player is looking to transfer out.

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
Tyler Underwood?

source.gif

I thought Ebo had a really promising season for a freshman. He was ahead of schedule by any realistic expectations of a young big man, and played incredibly hard. If he was pushed out I will be very confused and frustrated with that. I thought he could be a solid starter for 2 if not 3 years :confused:

I thought Ebo had a really promising season for a freshman. He was ahead of schedule by any realistic expectations of a young big man, and played incredibly hard. If he was pushed out I will be very confused and frustrated with that. I thought he could be a solid starter for 2 if not 3 years :confused:
I'm fairly confident hes not transferring. Had not heard anything like that.

That said if he did he certainly would not be getting forced out. They're desperate for any warm body right now

With 2 open scholarships and a dearth of experienced bigs, I highly doubt our tallest returning player would be pushed out at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whitmans Sampler

Eastern Iowa
Ebo was doing an Instagram live feed about 30 mins ago of him just relaxing in his room and playing xbox...viewers were asking him if the rumors were true and he said not to believe it.

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
Why do people start this garbage?

That’s it Loyalty, we’re on a break.

God dangit. Talent wise you’d rather lose ebo than Kipper.

Depth wise you’d rather lose Kipper than ebo.

Wtffffffffff

Well, I certainly would be hugely disappointed if this were true. Ebo was one of my favorite players and I enjoyed seeing him progress last year. And I'm certainly hoping to see much more progress this year.

How does something like this grow legs if it's not remotely true? I don't think we can blame this one on the Hot Dog Vendor or Black Shirt Man....

Premie.

Hoping this isn't true. If it is, we will have had 6 players leave with eligibility remaining, and none to the NBA. At least 4, probably 5 of whom would have been playing serious minutes. Without a coaching change. Anybody have any precedent for that kind of turnover?

Hoping this isn't true. If it is, we will have had 6 players leave with eligibility remaining, and none to the NBA. At least 4, probably 5 of whom would have been playing serious minutes. Without a coaching change. Anybody have any precedent for that kind of turnover?

Culture change

For those of you who are not sure what to believe regarding unconfirmed rumors. Pertaining to Illini basketball only, if the rumors are negative, then they are most likely true with the worst case scenario taking precedence. If they are positive, then they are just rumors which could go either way (but most likely toward the negative). All of this is assuming that Jerry hasn't changed his crystal ball, in which case, then we should start celebrating prematurely. This is also assuming that the player in question doesn't pronounce "Illinois" ending with a "Z."

Dren1

Glenview, IL
Word from West Quad is another player is looking to transfer out.

Hopefully it is the same source who claimed Caroline might transfer to Illinois a couple of weeks ago.
Surprised to hear a little buzz on Jordan Caroline pulling out of the draft and considering Illinois again.

Honestly, I'm starting this season the same way I always do...optimistic. I'm excited about some strong pieces carrying over and the potential of the additions....a typical fan cycle.

Hey guys,

I’m gonna be a freshman next year and want to manage. What steps should I take to make that happen?

Hey guys,

I’m gonna be a freshman next year and want to manage. What steps should I take to make that happen?

How tall are you? You might have just as good of a shot as making the team if these rumors are true.

Hey guys,

Contact Joey Biggs and Patrick Schulte. Their emails are publicly available on the coaching website. It's mostly a who you know thing so contact them and see what the deal is and if they have openings.

Status
Not open for further replies.