Not open for further replies.

afpharmdawg

Colorado Springs
Trent
Ayo
AJ
Kipper
Ebo

This should be pretty easy to see , now after that we rotate people , which who ever gets hot will get minutes, or defense situations. BU needs to see how different group's work together, at times we may need different sets, his coaching and staff need to shake it out, 8 man rotation would be ideal, with others getting minutes, not always same 8 will start out but once he gets them in flow, it will give guys stability to get consistent sets.

It may be we have more than 8, but not sure if that works as well, maybe we might get 10 average 10 minutes/game. Hard to keep everyone happy, just want to see good defense, low turnovers. We get to that point the rest will take care of itself. Can't get here soon enough.;):illinois:

If we can start 8 people we may have a chance in some games we shouldn't. Then again, look at Minnesota and Alabama. :D

Peoria Illini

Peoria, IL
Ebo's a Chin guy, right?

I think this is all smoke. Why would he wait until now to transfer? Unless there is some sort of personal/family situation that doesn't involve basketball at all.

Trent
Ayo
AJ
Kipper
Ebo

This should be pretty easy to see , now after that we rotate people , which who ever gets hot will get minutes, or defense situations. BU needs to see how different group's work together, at times we may need different sets, his coaching and staff need to shake it out, 8 man rotation would be ideal, with others getting minutes, not always same 8 will start out but once he gets them in flow, it will give guys stability to get consistent sets.

It may be we have more than 8, but not sure if that works as well, maybe we might get 10 average 10 minutes/game. Hard to keep everyone happy, just want to see good defense, low turnovers. We get to that point the rest will take care of itself. Can't get here soon enough.;):illinois:

Feliz will start.

Hoping the Ebo stuff is all smoke because he did a bit more for us last year than I thought he would. No, I didn't have any knowledge, I was just guarded in my expectations. When a freshman big comes in and contributes, I get just a bit more excited about his future.

Certainly hope that future is with us, as it seems to me to be a brighter future.

The only thing that bothers me is that Ebo hasn’t put out anything stating he isn’t transferring.....

Dren1

Glenview, IL
Can't really think of any valid reasons why Ebo would leave.
I can't either. FWLIW, there is a poster on the other board that sometimes seems to know what he is talking about. He mentioned a couple of months ago that Ebo might leave but probably not until next year, presumably because his playing time would decrease if he was recruited over. Who knows, the timing of him leaving now certainly doesn't seem to make sense.

Maybe the coaching staff pulled a move I remember seeing from an early season of game of thrones...

Me if I see Ebo's raven announcing that he's transferring.

giphy.gif

Basketball will play a Big Ten game at United Center this season. Will bring a nonconference game back to Champaign. Whitman wants fans to know that the 20-game B1G schedule gave Illinois an extra home game.
https://twitter.com/JWerner247/status/1004455971224211460

This is a really, really smart way out of the great Illinois non-conference scheduling dilemma.

Braggin' Rights, a holiday tournament, Big Ten/ACC, the Gavitt Games, a UC game, PLUS the return game you have to schedule to get anyone to come to the UC was way, way too much.

We always ended up trying to awkwardly split the difference on opponents which led to embarrassing attendance and all these weird neutral site road games for no apparent reason.

Moving a conference game doesn't require you to give away any return games, you're able to pick the right opponents to bring some but not too many opposing fans (I bet you a million internet points it will be Ohio State this year, and Maryland at some point in the future), and with the 20 game schedule you aren't cannibalizing the slate for your Central Illinois core audience and leaving them with nothing but cupcakes until January.

And the new combo of the B1G/ACC and Gavitt Games gives you something resembling one marquee SFC non-conference game a year, so you don't need to go around finding power conference home-and-homes.

Whitman is really good at this you guys.

sacraig

The desert
The only thing that bothers me is that Ebo hasn’t put out anything stating he isn’t transferring.....

Why should he have to do that? To appease a message board? If players and coaches spent time to squash every message board rumor that popped up, they'd never have time for basketball.

Also, for what it's worth, someone reported on here yesterday that he said on some kind of Instagram stream not to believe the rumors. I obviously can't confirm that, of course.

This is a really, really smart way out of the great Illinois non-conference scheduling dilemma.

Braggin' Rights, a holiday tournament, Big Ten/ACC, the Gavitt Games, a UC game, PLUS the return game you have to schedule to get anyone to come to the UC was way, way too much.

We always ended up trying to awkwardly split the difference on opponents which led to embarrassing attendance and all these weird neutral site road games for no apparent reason.

Moving a conference game doesn't require you to give away any return games, you're able to pick the right opponents to bring some but not too many opposing fans (I bet you a million internet points it will be Ohio State this year, and Maryland at some point in the future), and with the 20 game schedule you aren't cannibalizing the slate for your Central Illinois core audience and leaving them with nothing but cupcakes until January.

And the new combo of the B1G/ACC and Gavitt Games gives you something resembling one marquee SFC non-conference game a year, so you don't need to go around finding power conference home-and-homes.

Whitman is really good at this you guys.

Good analysis! I hope they move one of the games over break when the students are gone.

If Ebo is leaving, you’d have to wonder if they knew about it during the Francis recruitment. Would be hard to not sell having literally all the playing time you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why should he have to do that? To appease a message board? If players and coaches spent time to squash every message board rumor that popped up, they'd never have time for basketball.

Also, for what it's worth, someone reported on here yesterday that he said on some kind of Instagram stream not to believe the rumors. I obviously can't confirm that, of course.

Whooaaa easy there, all I’m saying is that it bothered me, I’m extremely impatient. I’m not questioning his decision to appease people or not appease people.

If Ebo is leaving, you’d have to wonder if they knew about it during the Francis recruitment. Would be hard to not sell having literally all the playing time you want.

Ebo wouldn't have taken a millisecond of PT away from Okoro. Okoro rejected all-you-can-eat minutes from day 1 at UI to sit on the bench and learn and win at Oregon. Those are the facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.