Kipper Nichols_________Jr.
Tevian Jones___________Fr.
Anthony Higgs__________Fr.
Giorgi Bezhanishvili___Fr.
Adonis De La Rosa______Sr.
Samba Kane_____________Fr.

-----------------------------------------
Reported 2018-19 Illini schedule-

The full schedule is typically released in early August.

Florida Atlantic at Illinois, TBD
Evansville at Illinois on Thu., Nov. 8th
Georgetown at Illinois (Gavitt Games) on Tue., Nov. 13th
Illinois vs Gonzaga game 1 Maui Invitational Nov. 19-21
Illinois at Notre Dame (B1G/ACC Challenge) on Tue., Nov 27th
UNLV at Illinois on Sat., Dec. 8th
East Tennessee State at Illinois on Sat., Dec. 15th
Illinois vs Missouri (Braggin' Rights in St. Louis) on Sat., Dec. 22nd

20-game B1G schedule-

* 2 Big Ten early games between Fri., Nov. 30th-Tue., Dec. 4th
* 1 home B1G game will be played at the United Center in Chicago

HOME & AWAY
Indiana
Minnesota
Nebraska
Northwestern
Ohio State
Penn State
Wisconsin

HOME ONLY
Michigan
Michigan State
Rutgers

AWAY ONLY
Iowa
Maryland (game reportedly to be played in NYC)
Purdue

Last edited:

Dan

Admin
As there's roster spots available, we'll use this thread for 2018 recruiting or transfer news.

(For 2019+ recruiting, per usual please use the Recruiting Thread.)

Last edited:
Best case scenario I feel is 9-11 in Big play

HOME & AWAY
Indiana
Minnesota
Nebraska
Northwestern
Ohio State
Penn State
Wisconsin

HOME ONLY
Michigan
Michigan State
Rutgers

AWAY ONLY
Iowa
Maryland (game reportedly to be played in NYC)
Purdue

Last edited by a moderator:
"...He can guard any position on the court- play any position on the court..."

Is this him? If so his ranking is wrong; He looks awesome.

https://youtu.be/iaCTXC4hV6U

My first reaction was “jereme Richmond but with a 3 Point stroke”

That's a heck of a stretch IMO. Richmond was a projected NBA lottery pick, up until his immaturity derailed him. In the clip, he's much taller than the folks he's playing against. Being physically advanced in hs does not often translate to the high major college game. Offer list also suggests tempering expectations a bit from Richmond.

Trent Frazier Q&A

I would watch a team of Trent Fraziers. Incredible attitude, and just what's needed to turn around a program. His quotes about bringing in winners gives me hope.

TF: Yeah. I think we brought a lot of winning guys in here this year. Last year, I don’t think we had a team that really wanted to win. Guys just wanted to be out there and play. This year, I feel that Coach Underwood brought in a bunch of guys who know how to win and just want to win and be a part of this family.

------
To me, this explains a lot about last year. And assuming it's a fair assessment, it needed to be fixed.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
TF: Yeah. I think we brought a lot of winning guys in here this year. Last year, I don’t think we had a team that really wanted to win. Guys just wanted to be out there and play. This year, I feel that Coach Underwood brought in a bunch of guys who know how to win and just want to win and be a part of this family.

------
To me, this explains a lot about last year. And assuming it's a fair assessment, it needed to be fixed.

The main issue with last season's team was a dearth of talent. Grumbling is universal and pretty much inversely proportional to how well the team fared.

The main issue with last season's team was a dearth of talent. Grumbling is universal and pretty much inversely proportional to how well the team fared.

While I don’t disagree, we lost a half dozen games in the final moments. I can understand why someone like TF would feel like attitudes kept us from closing those out.

Deleted member 645583

D
I would watch a team of Trent Fraziers. Incredible attitude, and just what's needed to turn around a program. His quotes about bringing in winners gives me hope.

Yep. His comment about jealousies was telling. Do b-ball teams have captains? We got one.

Bailey

Los Angeles
"...He can guard any position on the court- play any position on the court..."

He looks like a perfect 3 & D guy. Those types are a huge commodity in a small ball system.

Shot just under 40% from range and averaged 11 rpg. Looks very smooth in highlights. Great dribbler for his size. Lacks high-end athleticism but I’d take him, no doubt.

Looks like MJ to me. Not going to start about athleticism but he looks quick, can get off the ground quickly and move laterally. Close enough for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.