Illini Basketball 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peoria Illini

Peoria, IL
Maybe I haven't looked hard enough to find more tape on him, but I don't think I have seen enough of Giorgi to form many definitive pros and cons for his game. The best video I have seen is of his workouts. Those give me a reason for some optimism, but a lot of guys look great in workouts.

And my biggest fault in his game footage is that he seems to be the 3rd option on the team he was on. I would like to think a power 5 legit big man gets more of a focus, but I don't know who he was playing with.

I would also give the staff credit on evaluating talent, but they have also shown they are willing to take a flyer and if it doesn't work out, part ways.

At this point, I think he's a scratch-off lottery ticket. Maybe we hit big and get an Augie player or even just Mav 2-3 years from now. Both would be wins. Just not right away. He can also become GIB like S&C stated above.

St. Patrick's in Elizabeth, NJ you had these guys rated higher than Giorgi:

6' 10" Valdir Manuel (199)
Markquis Nowell (224)
7' 1" Majur Majak (273)

Then Giorgi at 367

Peoria Illini

Peoria, IL
My son has to get up at 6 AM to get to his summer internship. A little different than last summer. Welcome to the real world, junior!

Old people always brag about how early they get up....it’s literally the topic of discussion at old people parties. “Man that’s nothing, we get up at 4 AM everyday”.

Old people always brag about how early they get up....it’s literally the topic of discussion at old people parties. “Man that’s nothing, we get up at 4 AM everyday”.

I resemble that remark...and yes I get up at 4am....usually to PEE!:eek:

The highest I ever saw Damonte was around top 50, that was from 1-2 sources and only briefly. Believe he was around 110-120 to begin Sr. season. He looked very good before injury.

IIRC he was in the running for Mr. BB

Argued at length that IF he had not been hurt, no way Mark Smith wins it..he would have ran away with it imo. No offense to Smith or his family, but he was so more advanced than most kids he simply ran roughshod in HS over them.

We saw how that translated in college, and will continue to happen at Mizzou.

My son has to get up at 6 AM to get to his summer internship. A little different than last summer. Welcome to the real world, junior!

I spent my whole summer one year in college waking up early for a job on a golf course. So next semester I decided to sleep through all my morning classes [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.