Illini Basketball 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me or is it pretty clear that Trent, Damonte, Ayo, and Kipper will be starting with one of the bigs and it’s not really debatable? I guess I’ll throw in a 10% chance that Ayo gets off to a slow start so Feliz starts to begin the season.

Or AJ vs DaMonte? Either way it should be a solid defensive team with a decent big. Still think the big is going to be the difference.

Last edited:
Is it just me or is it pretty clear that Trent, Damonte, Ayo, and Kipper will be starting with one of the bigs and it’s not really debatable? I guess I’ll throw in a 10% chance that Ayo gets off to a slow start so Feliz starts to begin the season.

I see a future where Tevian can guard the 1-4 and is too versatile to keep off the floor. I can’t find the dang orange font button :)

Definitely a possibility and I wouldn't complain about that lineup at all. Although Feliz will have say about it as well. He's supposedly a pit pull on defense and also scored a bunch in juco. If his offense translates at all, it's going to be hard to keep him out of the starting lineup.

Definitely a possibility and I wouldn't complain about that lineup at all. Although Feliz will have say about it as well. He's supposedly a pit pull on defense and also scored a bunch in juco. If his offense translates at all, it's going to be hard to keep him out of the starting lineup.

He'll get plenty of minutes but I don't see him starting over Trent, Ayo or Monte.

I find it interesting.

For weeks, “we suck”, “Underwood can’t get players”, “we are going to be at the bottom of the B1G”, blah blah blah.

NOW, we have more great players than positions.

Griffin and AJ shot the same 48% from 3 for their HS Senior years.

Griffin played a much higher level of competition, can also shoot off the dribble. Bodes well for the future.

I expect Jordan to have a very good year. Having Feliz, Ayo, and Frazier penetrating and other shooters on the floor should help him get better looks and we know he can shoot.

He'll get plenty of minutes but I don't see him starting over Trent, Ayo or Monte.
I think Feliz will be the primary point guard. Lots of guard talent so we will see a lot of combinations.

Last edited:
The lineup is going to come down to defense. Can a guard handle switches? Defend against guys 4 or 5 inches taller than them? Those are the questions that will determine who plays the most minutes.

201154JC

Rockford, IL
Does anyone know if Samba Kane is on campus yet?

201154JC

Rockford, IL
Really hoping Samba proves to be an athletic rim protector.

If Ayo and Trent are one of the better backcourts in the league, I think we have a very good season. I can't think of any teams that have had really good guards and not been at least a pretty good team. This team is so hard to get a read on but I am hoping a great backcourt gives us a good team

If Ayo and Trent are one of the better backcourts in the league, I think we have a very good season. I can't think of any teams that have had really good guards and not been at least a pretty good team. This team is so hard to get a read on but I am hoping a great backcourt gives us a good team
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.in...ate-2018-2019-purdue-maryland-ncaa-tournament

Just to give people an idea on how many good guards there are in the conference. If you're familiar with those guys, you'd understand why we would need at least solid bigs for us to have a decent season.

We. Will. Win.

A reminder of how good Trent is.........and he should take a leap forward into scary good territory.....

He is awesome, but Malcolm Hill and Kendrick Nunn were pretty darn good, too (maybe not as impressive as TF, but still.)

foby

Bonnaroo Land
He is awesome, but Malcolm Hill and Kendrick Nunn were pretty darn good, too (maybe not as impressive as TF, but still.)

Am pretty happy TF has a different coach.

I'm trying to figure out why TF is so good. He's fast, but not crazy fast or athletic. He's not going to dunk over anyone. His jump shot often looks more like a heave, with that leg kick and everything. He's pencil thin and not the kind of long athlete everyone is after... his wingspan looks shorter than average for someone his height. He favors one hand and likes to dribble the ball really high. And yet if not for the lottery pick at MSU, he would've been conference freshman of the year. He definitely leads the league in swagger, so maybe there's something with that.

Trent Frazier is simply amazing. It is so exciting to see what he does in the next 3 years. He is the closest player to Dee Brown (in Illini uniform) that I have seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.