Illini Basketball 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Consider the non-conference in terms of 2 categories:

1. those in which we should be solid to substantial underdogs
2. those that are no worse than a toss-up

For my money, among the guaranteed opponents, only gonzaga and @notre dame are in category 1.

A 2nd round maui game against Iowa St would add another category 1, but Arizona is category 2.

A final round maui game against Duke or Auburn would add another category 1, but that's probably only happening if we are still on the winner's side of the bracket.

Not sure if this has been posted but this ESPN article has Illinois at #21 in the pre-season ESPN BPI.

It states the following: "We'll group the Big Ten tandem of Iowa and Illinois together. Neither team was good last season, both winning only four games in conference play and 14 games overall. Yet the model projects both teams to take a significant jump. Iowa has the highest quantity of returning talent the model allows, which therefore gives the Hawkeyes the seventh-best offense in the country (and the No. 101-ranked defense, the lowest among any top-25 team). Meanwhile, Illinois also brings back a large amount of talent and welcomes in a solid recruiting class led by ESPN 100 point guard Ayo Dosunmu. The Fighting Illini project to have a top-35 unit at both ends of the floor."

Link: http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...virginia-mountaineers-marquette-golden-eagles

sacraig

The desert
We could never say his name right so we just called him victor chumbawumba like the band.

You never thought to maybe just listen to how Jim Turpin said it in the play-by-play?

t7nich

Central IL
Consider the non-conference in terms of 2 categories:

1. those in which we should be solid to substantial underdogs
2. those that are no worse than a toss-up

For my money, among the guaranteed opponents, only gonzaga and @notre dame are in category 1.

A 2nd round maui game against Iowa St would add another category 1, but Arizona is category 2.

A final round maui game against Duke or Auburn would add another category 1, but that's probably only happening if we are still on the winner's side of the bracket.

The Notre Dame and Iowa St match-ups don't belong in category 1.

sacraig

The desert
Sweet! Now we can write hidden messages

Highlight here --> Mizzou sucks.

Why would you ever feel the need to hide that?

Yes.

foby

Bonnaroo Land
8-3 non-con
11-9 B1G
2-1 BTT
7 seed
(sacraig koolaid coloring)

Back to reality;
7-4 or 6-5 non-con
10-10 or 9-11 B1G
1-1 or 0-1 BTT
NIT or nothing

I'm looking forward to this year a lot. TF, DW, KN, TJ, El General, Ayo, etc. should be the funnest group we've had in a while.

8-3 or 7-4 non-con. It would depend on the Maui draw.
11-9 or 10-10 B1G I do not see a 12-8 as out of the real of possible.
2-1 or 1-1 in BTT

total is:

21-13 best or 18-15 worst

That gives us a 6-8 seed or NIT.

You read it here first.

8-3 or 7-4 non-con. It would depend on the Maui draw.
11-9 or 10-10 B1G I do not see a 12-8 as out of the real of possible.
2-1 or 1-1 in BTT

total is:

21-13 best or 18-15 worst

That gives us a 6-8 seed or NIT.

You read it here first.
I certainly hope you are a wizard and can make that happen. I'd be amazed if we went 8-12 in the Big Ten. Our situation at center has me worried once again that teams will be conducting lay up drills against our interior defense. Like MSU last year and those 20 alley oop dunks.....though I do think our offense will be much improved!!!

We need to make this stick so I can claim I made an actual contribution to this board for once.

I Believe I started it, but put to motion, you did table it, so well done sir!

Deleted member 8213

D
Meanwhile, Illinois also brings back a large amount of talent and welcomes in a solid recruiting class led by ESPN 100 point guard Ayo Dosunmu. The Fighting Illini project to have a top-35 unit at both ends of the floor."

Brings back a large amount of talent? I mean I love Trent better than the next guy but... I'm confused by this assessment.

Status
Not open for further replies.