Illini Basketball 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Illini Basketball: Roster | Schedule | Tickets

Former @FisherBunnies standout Zach Griffith living out his dream as the newest @IlliniMBB walk-on
http://www.news-gazette.com/sports/...riffith-living-dream-joining-illini-walk.html

I love hearing Giorgi randomly whooping and hollering during the first part of the BU interview :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL: BU says his IQ for basketball is off the charts, early dark-horse for fan favorite?

For real though, love hearing BU say this group is already way beyond where the group was last year.

I love hearing Giorgi randomly whooping and hollering during the first part of the BU interview :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL: BU says his IQ for basketball is off the charts, early dark-horse for fan favorite?

For real though, love hearing BU say this group is already way beyond where the group was last year.
Not a dark-horse - will be a huge fan favorite and also a likely starter!

It cannot be reiterated enough that Giorgi played the pinch post position in high school. He is used to making hand off/pick and roll decisions. High bball IQ guy. But obviously college is a whole level above that. I look forward to seeing how he does as a freshy.

It cannot be reiterated enough that Giorgi played the pinch post position in high school. He is used to making hand off/pick and roll decisions. High bball IQ guy. But obviously college is a whole level above that. I look forward to seeing how he does as a freshy.
Physically ready to play, but BU implied potential foul problems.

Has got to be a huge "plus" for Ayo going up against a Tuff B1G guard in Frazier every day on defense.
Love it , think it will help him get to the level we need him at before games start😎

I gotta admit, I kinda enjoy Underwood's constant Gruden-izing of his players. So long as you understand none of it is real, it's a fun schtick that seems like a good use of media time.
Tend to agree. Did he not say Mark Smith was best player in practice, best leader, Jadon Kidd like...maybe some of that was people on this board
..he likes to build them uo before he tears them down before he rebuilds them up..or something like that.

Tend to agree. Did he not say Mark Smith was best player in practice, best leader, Jadon Kidd like...maybe some of that was people on this board
..he likes to build them uo before he tears them down before he rebuilds them up..or something like that.

The “BU said this about Mark Smith” stuff is way over blown. He did talk about Mark having all the tools but he also said he needs to learn how to use them. LeBron James has all the tools to be a great football player. Doesn’t mean he would step on the field and be a HOFer day one.

With that said, coach speak is definitely real and every coach does it.

Could we be so lucky as to get a Augie 2.0 "type" of player... he seems pretty fluid in the clips...high IQ, knows the offense sets?

Why the NBA 3-point line? Aspirational?

Pretty standard fare in college practice centers nowadays. Spacing is part of it, practicing shooting from there is part of it.
Court awareness. Lots of reasons.

Defensively you might wanna push your pressure out those extra couple feet and also the best college shooters hit from there so you gotta know how/be used to defending that.

Captain Bubbles

Fairfield, IL
Hi guys! Hope you remember me as it's been quite a while since I've been on here. I have been lurking because of the recruiting chatter.

Just want to say I'm looking forward to the upcoming season. Some things to take away from that video, but I have to say...that pass by Ayo in the 1:46 mark was sick. The fast break clip was also encouraging to see.

Here's hoping Illinois can finish at or above .500. Love the strength of our backcourt, frontcourt is certainly the question mark.

blackdog

Champaign
One that is encouraging is the level of athleticism is definitely up big time. We've been near the bottom in terms of dunks and blocks for awhile. Think that will change soon.

Deleted member 29907

D
Dear Illini Productions, EVERY SINGLE VIDEO does not need a honkey-tonk rap/metal or vibes-y schmooved-out soundtrack. Some people enjoy the sounds that are made on the court or the field!
I do agree with this, but then wonder if I also must add "Now get off my lawn"! when I do agree with something like this.

Deleted member 29907

D
Hi guys! Hope you remember me as it's been quite a while since I've been on here. I have been lurking because of the recruiting chatter.

Just want to say I'm looking forward to the upcoming season. Some things to take away from that video, but I have to say...that pass by Ayo in the 1:46 mark was sick. The fast break clip was also encouraging to see.

Here's hoping Illinois can finish at or above .500. Love the strength of our backcourt, frontcourt is certainly the question mark.

Even better was Kane's help and then recovery to block the shot (foul called it appeared - but still - good to see the help and recover to protect the rim).

Status
Not open for further replies.