Illini Basketball 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would seem to me that a lineup of Trent, Griffin, AJ, and Kipper should be able to give us enough shooting to kill a zone. Just wonder if we will be forced to play more zone defense to protect our front court.
That was actually my biggest gripe about BU's in game adjustments. Not sure if we just didn't practice it enough for him to feel comfortable, but when we went to the zone I thought we had a much more solid D, and it just wasn't switched to enough, for my taste. It got better as the year went on, so I can't complain too much.

Tangent: BU's in game subbing is such a refreshing changed from Groce.

ILL in IA

Iowa City
It would seem to me that a lineup of Trent, Griffin, AJ, and Kipper should be able to give us enough shooting to kill a zone. Just wonder if we will be forced to play more zone defense to protect our front court.
The thing with us having to possibly play zone is that we may have the length/quickness to play it well.

If he starts to begin the season I don't think it lasts into conference time. Trent, Ayo, and Kipper will start. Damonte is our fourth. If we go big start Giorgi/Kane/De La Rosa if we go small start Feliz. Play your scorers off ball. I think the step forward Damonte will be able to take from fresh-soph year along with the fact that he's had all summer unlike last year will be huge.
I love Williams but Feliz is the fourth, IMO.

That would put Trent and Ayo off the ball, wouldn't it? I think we need our best rebounding guard out on the floor especially since we're going smaller with De La Rosa not expected to be ready for at least a couple more months. Feliz would be next in when either Trent or Ayo sub out.

kuhl84

Orlando, FL
That would put Trent and Ayo off the ball, wouldn't it? I think we need our best rebounding guard out on the floor especially since we're going smaller with De La Rosa not expected to be ready for at least a couple more months. Feliz would be next in when either Trent or Ayo sub out.
Feliz is a plus rebounder as a guard, FYI.

Either Feliz or Aaron Jordan. I would not count Jordan out of the starting lineup yet to start the season. But as we had discussed, I think Feliz is more of a combo guard, he will get touches at PG but Frazier/Ayo will get the most touches. I have heard very good things about Feliz, strong, does not back down. He is just sometimes, erratic, he needs to stay under control.

Deleted member 533939

D
Is GIF on the front page in fast-forward?

Could be true but he doesn't have Williams' wingspan. Not many guards are as long as Williams.

Don't be so sure, according to official website Ayo has already grown to 6-5. ;)

Who is #5 in practice, has some good hops on that alley oop. My best guest is Griffin, and Tevian/#13 has some nice dunks.

Deleted member 29907

D
The amount of love Feliz is getting makes me nervous he will become this years Mark Smith.
Wrong Mark from last year - Alstork is more like the compare, but I would expect better production based on broader experience.

I would bet Damonte has a longer wingspan by a couple of inches.

giphy.gif

Deleted member 29907

D
Egwu's freshman year was just a hair less productive than Ebo was last year. Just a reminder to help us keep expectations in check.
Nope, I'm goin all in ;). I'm calling an Egwu with hands...

Status
Not open for further replies.