Illini Basketball 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep... better now in practice than later during the games. Those refs aren't at practice to swallow their whistle.
Maybe they can get TV Ted to officiate some of these practices. I believe that I heard that he won't be doing any B10 games this year.

TF to AJ to AG. Cant say i saw the ball move in and out like that last year at all. It was normally TF to LB dribble dribble dribble fade away. LB made a lot of buckets for us, but I am excited to see the sets run how they are designed, and what that may open up for other guys.
Thats because AJ is one of the few that understand that if the ball is in the in or near the paint ......a shooter is probably open......find him. AJ cant pass the ball to himself.

Deleted member 29907

D
Thats because AJ is one of the few that understand that if the ball is in the in or near the paint ......a shooter is probably open......find him. AJ cant pass the ball to himself.
Gisele ? Is that you? ;)

ILL in IA

Iowa City
This part concerns me....Might not have been meant that way, but I hope come the start of the season, AJ is one of many that understand where the ball needs to go.:)

Tevo

Wilmette, IL
Well, he could do the self alley-oop off the backboard for a dunk. And that would be awesome if he did.

Worked for Roger Powell, but that was off a missed three.

What type of loop hole is Cuonzo trying to jump through to get Mark Smith eligible? I thought transfers like his were pretty cut and dry? I’m confused.

What type of loop hole is Cuonzo trying to jump through to get Mark Smith eligible? I thought transfers like his were pretty cut and dry? I’m confused.

The NCAA took waivers out for a short period and I believe they have now re-instituted them.

ILL in IA

Iowa City
DPD syndrome......

Doesn't Play Defense
You down with DPD?
1539960644019.png

YEAH YOU KNOW ME!

Regarding open practice, walked into Ubben in early 2000's and saw a very raw Roger Powell working with Coach McClain. From what I saw and what he became even later his sophomore year is incredible. I also walked into Ubben the summer of 2004. Saw Brian Cook comeback to school the 2004 team, best player on the court. Remember the 7'4 footer Smith leaving the court upset, not sure why. Seemed frustrated with himself being handled by Cook.

Envious of those who can catch these practices, great to see the players/process outside of regular games.

I can't wait until this team knocks off a high ranked contender. Its going to happen, they will lose a lot this year but they are going to get a few nice ones. If the won Maui this board would be on meltdown code 999

Ken Pom has finally released his preseason estimates for every team, based on his analytics.
He has us finishing 13th in the B1G, at 7-13.
Which would be #85 in his ranking system, up from #102 to end last year.
Its progress and its not unreasonable, but it sure doesn't light my fire.

Ken Pom has finally released his preseason estimates for every team, based on his analytics.
He has us finishing 13th in the B1G, at 7-13.
Which would be #85 in his ranking system, up from #102 to end last year.
Its progress and its not unreasonable, but it sure doesn't light my fire.

Where did we finish in relation to his preseason prediction last year?

Status
Not open for further replies.