Illini Basketball 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hurray! At least there is something mildly encouraging to take out of today.
Vandy is a good team with promising bigs. This was a good test and great experience for Illinois. The fact that it apparently went down to the wire should both give them confidence and let them know that they have some work to do.

Vandy is a good team with promising bigs. This was a good test and great experience for Illinois. The fact that it apparently went down to the wire should both give them confidence and let them know that they have some work to do.

Previous secret scrimmages have reportedly been more like practices than actual games. Lots of stopping/starting, teaching moments, expirementation, etc. Can’t take away much of anything.

Previous secret scrimmages have reportedly been more like practices than actual games. Lots of stopping/starting, teaching moments, expirementation, etc. Can’t take away much of anything.

Maybe... I would think a lot of stopping/starting would make it even more of half court game. Which would test our post defense even more.

I'm just glad they got some practice against some good size prior to playing Georgetown's big guy.

Who can name the Illini player on the TV screen in the background?

Tough to know from the angle of the face, but it is definitely 2005 NCAA tournament because this (I believe) is the St. Louis NCAA Tournament Final Four logo on the jersey (am I correct?). So I will go with Roger Powell as the first guess.

UNC.jpg

wonder who starters were that played well. is it 3 guards, KN and Giorgi...or some other combo?

Last edited:
Reactions: AEX
On closer examination it appears to be a UNC player unfortunately, Face looks thinner than Sean Mays. Its a mystery......

Attachments

• Name Than Player 2.jpg
    Name Than Player 2.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 566
I love the scrimmage report that Trent and Ayo played well which is expected. Kipper shows up 50% for a good/great game. Those games with 3 players who can score, those are the types of teams that win games. This gives me confidence that we will beat some top tier teams but the lose by 3 gives me confidence in more of the same from last season for another year as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.