Illini Basketball 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1,028      
The only chance we have of climbing to the middle of the pack, or better, in the B1G is a healthy Adonis and him being at least an average B1G center. This team has a better makeup than last years team. Once the main six man rotation is set (Trent, Ayo, Feliz, Kip, AJ, Giorgi/Adonis) and they are executing more often than not, this is going to be a tough team to beat every night. Griffin is definitely going to get some match up minutes (zone) and Tevian probably won't be a real option until at least mid-season. If Kane can somehow have a freshman progression like Trent did last year (unlikely but not impossible), suddenly we become a team to reckon with in the B1G Tournament.

I know it's just exhibition, but I hope last night isn't an indication of another year of Good Kip/Bad Kip.

Kip has been inconsistent, and I expect that to continue. He's his own worst enemy. Kid needs a short memory on the court and more of a chip on his shoulder. But he beats himself up and compounds his mistakes. It's really tough to change a kid's mentality, but hopefully he and Underwood are working on it.

As far as Kane goes, he's a project. Great ceiling, but I wouldn't expect anything this year from him other a few minutes in blow-outs, or desperation if we have injuries. Bigs usually take a couple years to develop their bodies for major conference ball, and he's no exception. Also needs skill work. Give him time.

#1,029      
not sure where to put this, but Ayo ranked #3 PG prospect and #29 overall prospect for the 2019 draft according to ESPN!

#1,031      
Wonder if this board knows how many "dudes" aka future pros are on this team. Ayo and Tevian will absolutely be drafted. Ayo turned heads at last year's Iverson Classic, in fact the criticism of his jumper there prompted him to change his release point, which everyone is saying has made him much, much better, especially in professional scouts' eyes. Ayo will be a first round pick. Griffin could become a pro based off his elite shooting/defense, his bloodline leaves a lot of optimism as well. Kipper can absolutely be a pro, his potential has been discussed a lot here. The big guys will take time, just matter of fact their bodies and games take longer to develop, it is too early to predict right now. The athleticism upgrade year over year has been discussed, but can't wait to see reactions once games are televised.

#1,032      
Wonder if this board knows how many "dudes" aka future pros are on this team. Ayo and Tevian will absolutely be drafted. Ayo turned heads at last year's Iverson Classic, in fact the criticism of his jumper there prompted him to change his release point, which everyone is saying has made him much, much better, especially in professional scouts' eyes. Ayo will be a first round pick. Griffin could become a pro based off his elite shooting/defense, his bloodline leaves a lot of optimism as well. Kipper can absolutely be a pro, his potential has been discussed a lot here. The big guys will take time, just matter of fact their bodies and games take longer to develop, it is too early to predict right now. The athleticism upgrade year over year has been discussed, but can't wait to see reactions once games are televised.
I wish people would really think before saying things about "future pros" on a team. I just watched Jalen Brunson the other night & he was the National College POY /2 time NCAA champion point guard and he wasnt even drafted in the first round! If even one of Ayo, Tevian, Griffin, or Kipper get drafted in the current two round NBA setup I would be thrilled.

#1,034      
I wish people would really think before saying things about "future pros" on a team. I just watched Jalen Brunson the other night & he was the National College POY /2 time NCAA champion point guard and he wasnt even drafted in the first round! If even one of Ayo, Tevian, Griffin, or Kipper get drafted in the current two round NBA setup I would be thrilled.
Especially if it is in 2-3 yrs.

#1,036      

Deleted member 746094

D

I agree with this post 1000%!

Ayo is the #3/#29 ranked right now. If he comes out and looks like Mark Smith half way through the conference season he won’t even be ranked. Right now it is on his measurables and what he has shown in the past. I don’t watch a lot of NBA, but I watch a ton of college basketball and there are so many great college players that never play a minute in an NBA game.

Tevian has the God gifted measurables so I can see throwing his name out there, but Kipper’s motor alone is a HUGE red flag for an NBA scout. Kipper isn’t talented enough to take nights off and expect to play in the NBA.

#1,038      
didn’t mean to cause this much debate! Was just wanting to share something cool about Ayo! Hoping the best for him and the team this year I-L-L

#1,042      
I remember seeing BP3 in the top 10 after his game at Clemson his freshman year

#1,044      
Odds are pretty good that one current player gets drafted. Two would be very impressive.

#1,049      
Some people on this board have hinted as early as Maui.
Technically he did suit up for the IW game. Went through some pregame stuff. I think last I heard he was cleared for practice but not contact? Even if he does go in Maui, I wouldn't expect much until December

#1,050      

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
S-a-r-c-a-s-m

source.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.