Illini Basketball 2019-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is NO WAY, Kofi is first round 1 and done material! There is also very little chance that Ayo would be guaranteed first round even next year imo as well...I have always thought at best Ayo is 3 and done. We will see....Kofi might be 2 and done IF Fletched gets him slimmed out, and Giorgi gets his feet moving!

The sane voice! I completely agree.

Will Underwood be on the hot seat next year? Two year record of 26-39 (11-27 in the Big 10). Open rosters spots at the end of March. I believe there are good reasons for optimism, but if there is not significant improvement next season BU might be finding a seat on the coaching carousel.

Can't believe there are still posters here that say things like there is "NO WAY" about anything anymore. Look how great Giorgi was this season. There were probably only 5-10 of us on this entire board that thought he would even be a starter.

Making a 100% prediction about Kofi at this point? Come on. Has nobody learned their lesson?

I think people are thinking Kipper 1) gets one more opportunity ("'til we can't") because he's (apparently) put in the work, 2) because he has the skills to be a veritable Swiss army knife at the 3 spot, 3) because "good kipper" at the 3 spot is so much better a proposition than Feliz, if he (Kipper) brings rebounding, ability to successfully slash into the "trees" or occasionally post up that Feliz cannot.

I tend to think we should not play Trent/Ayo/Feliz at the same time. Just gotta have better than 6'2" at the 3 spot, and we really want to have a guard off the bench to rotate with Trent/Ayo.
Can't believe there are still posters here that say things like there is "NO WAY" about anything anymore. Look how great Giorgi was this season. There were probably only 5-10 of us on this entire board that thought he would even be a starter.

Making a 100% prediction about Kofi at this point? Come on. Has nobody learned their lesson?

Ok...how's this...there's a 99.9% chance that he does not get drafted in the first round of next years NBA draft.

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
Well, it's a hell of a lot easier to just say....if Kofi is a first round NBA pick after next year....we are a top 5 B1G team and dancing. And I don't mean this dancing....

giphy.gif

Will Underwood be on the hot seat next year? Two year record of 26-39 (11-27 in the Big 10). Open rosters spots at the end of March. I believe there are good reasons for optimism, but if there is not significant improvement next season BU might be finding a seat on the coaching carousel.

Screen Shot 2019-02-14 at 9.19.26 PM.png

Bit of insight from Underwood on what's to come for the program: http://www.news-gazette.com/sports/...wood-dishes-whats-come-illini-basketball.html

Article does mention they'll have an extended road trip next season in Arizona when they play in Tucson and then a return game at Grand Canyon that's been on the books since before Underwood got here.

Wow! In that article, Kofi averages 15.2 points per game and 10.2 points per game! Not sure if that is 25.4 points per game or if there are two different types of points in HS.

BananaShampoo

Captain 'Paign
Phoenix, AZ
Bit of insight from Underwood on what's to come for the program: http://www.news-gazette.com/sports/...wood-dishes-whats-come-illini-basketball.html

Article does mention they'll have an extended road trip next season in Arizona when they play in Tucson and then a return game at Grand Canyon that's been on the books since before Underwood got here.
I'm gonna try to get tickets for one or both games. Should be plenty of Illini fans in the house as AZ is basically Chicago West.

I don't think there is much of a chance unless next year is an absolute dumpster fire. You can't expect to build much of a program by only giving coaches 3 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.