Not open for further replies.

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
And that note would be?

82664393.jpg

Deleted member 643761

D
And that note would be?

“First, I want to thank God for giving me the ability to play the beautiful game of basketball,” Horton-Tucker wrote on Twitter. “I have been blessed beyond measure with so many life changing experiences that I will never take for granted and always hold on to. I would like to thank my coaches, teammates, advisors, friends and the fans at Iowa State for making this chapter in my life a great one. I’ll hold on to the relationships that I’ve built here forever!

Losing Ayo to the draft would not be the worst thing to happen this offseason only because its something to promote with new recruits. Personally, I’d more concerned with guys like Alan or Tev leaving. This team will never improve without keeping guys like that in the program.

The biggest problem with the nba is that someone could make a list that has ayo being drafted ahead of Carsen Edwards. I think ayo could be good, but I have a hard time ever seeing him do what Edwards did against virginia. Hope I’m wrong...and that he’s in an Illinois uniform at the time. (And not a g league one)

Deleted member 643761

D
The biggest problem with the nba is that someone could make a list that has ayo being drafted ahead of Carsen Edwards. I think ayo could be good, but I have a hard time ever seeing him do what Edwards did against virginia. Hope I’m wrong...and that he’s in an Illinois uniform at the time. (And not a g league one)

He's short for the NBA these days. lots of points, but lots of shots. Ayo's two years younger. I have no problem believing that people believe Ayo has more potential.

the national

the Front Range
Reid from LSU is declaring and will hire an agent. Also White from N.Carolina is declaring.

This list is growing, which might give guys like Ayo some strong competition.

He's short for the NBA these days. lots of points, but lots of shots. Ayo's two years younger. I have no problem believing that people believe Ayo has more potential.

And I think the allure of “potential” has lead to way more bad picks than good. Great juniors are ignored for freshmen with potential. Hell, Cliff Alexander would have been a top 10 pick if he had been able to skip college. What someone may do vs what they have done has become overrated.

Last edited:
Interesting and encouraging that he now talks about size being a weakness. Initially he said it wasn't a problem so he he is smart and learning. Hopefully that will carry over to him adjusting his defense. Also mentioned that the BIG was different than the Big12. Not sure what that meant but sounds like he recognizes changes in style may be necessary.

Agree with this. He talked last year and this off-season a lot about always being smaller and being okay with that. He is adjusting and that is good. There is a happy medium in there somewhere. Obviously, talent trumps positions when your talent is good enough.

I wouldn't say he is "learning"

What did you expect him to say last year? "I know we lack size, and it is going to be a problem all season."

Losing Ayo to the draft would not be the worst thing to happen this offseason only because its something to promote with new recruits. Personally, I’d more concerned with guys like Alan or Tev leaving. This team will never improve without keeping guys like that in the program.

I think Ayo going to the NBA as a first-rounder next year would be better than him going as a second rounder this year. From the draft sites I've looked at, he's most likely a mid-second round player. If he's able to up his stock by playing his sophomore year in college, the difference in payout could be huge.

I wouldn't say he is "learning"

What did you expect him to say last year? "I know we lack size, and it is going to be a problem all season."
So it is only a weakness when he has some size coming in? If he isn't learning we are in for another rough season.

ILL in IA

Iowa City
So it is only a weakness when he has some size coming in? If he isn't learning we are in for another rough season.
Its probably not "learning" because it was something he already knew, but didn't share with the media. If BU had to learn through the course of last year that size was an issue, we have bigger problems.

Its probably not "learning" because it was something he already knew, but didn't share with the media. If BU had to learn through the course of last year that size was an issue, we have bigger problems.
I think I disagree. He said something like...we will always recruit more guards and be a little smaller than most teams. I think he is realizing the difference in Big Ten teams and Big 12 and whatever small conference he was in before. That is just my opinion.

NBA Draft.net has Ayo as undrafted in their 2019 mock, but 8th in their 2020 mock. not sure how credible they are anymore but wow that’s a big jump.

Status
Not open for further replies.