Illini Basketball 2019-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feliz will be the odds on to win the pre season 6th man of the year award for the B!G.

Wouldn't have guessed Frazier would have been shut out of the awards. Has the FT award always been based on conference season?

ILL in IA

Iowa City
I am curious to see how the next few months go now. BU and the team have been open recently about nobody in the transfer portal, big orange family ( i love that line from GB) taking the lumps from this year and growing from it ect... But what happens if BU goes and finds 5 guys he likes and essentially Creans 2 guys off this roster. The players all seem bought in right now. Hope that doesn't change if members of the orange family get sent packing.

I am curious to see how the next few months go now. BU and the team have been open recently about nobody in the transfer portal, big orange family ( i love that line from GB) taking the lumps from this year and growing from it ect... But what happens if BU goes and finds 5 guys he likes and essentially Creans 2 guys off this roster. The players all seem bought in right now. Hope that doesn't change if members of the orange family get sent packing.
At this point we should view the roster as having two open spots with Higgs (medical) and January (qualifier) not being on the roster.

foby

Bonnaroo Land
They might need an extra official at the next Braggin Rights. I have a feeling it might get awful chippy.

I don’t think this could be further from the truth. This is these kids’ potential careers and livelihoods at stake dependent on where they play and get their degree. They aren’t putting a trip to Italy in the team hotel ahead of that. The Coloseum can wait. And yes I’ve been to Italy.

I haven't been to Italy. I just don't see any of the kids (beyond potentially Ayo going pro) having a better opportunity for playing time at a better academic institution (you mentioned degree in your comment) or transferring to a program where their professional basketball careers get a serious boost than where they're at now. On top of that, they get to go to Italy as a team (or family, as Giorgi referenced) this summer and you get the bonus prep time which should only make them better prepared for the coming season, which in turn gives them a better chance to produce at a level that could advance their basketball careers in the next season at Illinois?

Maybe I'm way off base.

Glad to see most are happy about Samba, I'm not concerned about his development. He left high school a year early and was projected to be a top 120 player in this years class. He will struggle next year but be much better than this year. I think by year 3 and 4 we will see a player in the rotation. I think he has a high ceiling, it all depends on his willingness to work hard and buy into a long process.

illini80

Forgottonia
Stoked that Kane appears to be coming back. Really think he can make huge strides. Awesome potential for growth guy. We'll see.
Will be a good chance to see how much missing last summer hurt when he gets some real time in the S&C program and a chance to truly learn the system. There were report this past year he was often lost in the offense and defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.