Illini Basketball 2019-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only 6 Big Ten players since 1965 have achieved a career average of 14 pts and 7 rbs (Deon Thomas being one). Giorgi just has to increase his point average by 1.5 and his rebound average by 1.8 to join this club. He'll get a shot at the NBA. Whether he sticks or not, I'm not sure.

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
Smart. Talented. Another year in the gym and he'll be ready, but I still think if he stays for 3 like Deron, he'll be a lottery pick.

I hope it works out for Ayo. I think he was a late 2nd rounder or just miss. Go Ayo!! Have a monster year and make yourself a 1st rounder.

Agreed. I said u18.5 wins 200 posts earlier and think with that conference schedule I'm probably right. However doing good work in noncon and being mediocre in the conference should give us a decent enough resume for a shot. It will definitely be a fun team to watch regardless.

18-14 type season is where I am at. Hopefully we exceed that and win 2-3 more and make the tourney. Maybe 10-10 in conference.

There was a time early in the BIG season when I wondered whether we were going to win another game all year. We made good strides after that, and hopefully we will continue to progress next year. Regardless, watching this team, win or lose, is more entertaining that the lawst 2 or 3 Groce years.

I like your enthusiasm, but I’m not quite sure we can do 22 wins. If we do, I’ll dance a duet with Giorgi.

18-14 type season is where I am at. Hopefully we exceed that and win 2-3 more and make the tourney. Maybe 10-10 in conference.
Ohio state went 19-14 and only beat three tourney teams (2 10 seeds and one 7) they avoided Dayton, 18-14 will get a big ten team in, i think 19-12 regular season is a healthy goal

Illinifan533

Normal, Illinois
*Kicks back gallon of orange koo-laid* All your predictions are wrong, the Illini are going 40-0 next season.

mattcoldagelli

The Transfer Portal
979.gif

Well let's just come right out and say it: we've got the horses to win next year.
Think we only have a pony at PF. Kofi for 20 mins at center and Giorgi at the other 20 leaves us short at PF.

Get a suitable PF and this team will win 22-25 games. Shouldn't be hard to convince someone now with Ayo coming back.

Status
Not open for further replies.