Illini Basketball 2019-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
We now have two pros on the team Ayo and Kofi. Really optimistic about this team, they will be fun to watch. Would love to see Damonte, AGriffin, and Tev become scoring options.

What is Kofi going to look like post-Fletch? I'm slightly concerned for the rest of the B1G. There's no way he stays at 290, right?

haasi

New York
What is Kofi going to look like post-Fletch? I'm slightly concerned for the rest of the B1G. There's no way he stays at 290, right?
Can’t imagine 290. A chiseled 260 would be fantastic.

IbleedOandB2014

In BU we trust
Chattanooga

I am not so sure he has a lot of weight to lose. He looks VERY strong but I still think he could lose 20 lbs. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of fat on him. He will have to work on his conditioning in order to play as fast as underwood would like him too.

haasi

New York
Projected line up for next year?

Ayo, Trent, Feliz, Giorgi will all get 25+ minutes. Kofi hopefully can approach that. Remaining ~80 minutes up for grabs between Griffin, Kipper, Jones, Kane, Damonte, and others. Hopefully they all make a lot of progress over the summer. If we get Holyfield or another really good transfer, that obviously eats into others time.

haasi

New York

Attachments

• 5CEADF49-7E32-43CD-AB95-53768758BBDD.jpeg
    5CEADF49-7E32-43CD-AB95-53768758BBDD.jpeg
    333.4 KB · Views: 402

sacraig

The desert
Psh that's it? Kipper was enrolled and on campus at Tulane and look what happened? I won't be satisfied until he's played 2 full seasons and goes to the NBA. Only then can we be safe from him ditching us. Keep your cups on folks!

In that scenario, he technically still would have ditched us.

The only real question is whether Cuonzo has visited his school since yesterday.

Kofi spent a year in very isolated Virginia, Illinois will seem like a metropolis. See him and Giorgi being well liked by student body.

On another note, Anthony Curbello would be a great get. True PG, reminds me of a Stockton type PG. Could see him with very high assist numbers. OA seems to be very solid with Caribbean players (Adonis, Feliz, Kofi, Trent).

Ayo, Trent, Feliz, Giorgi will all get 25+ minutes. Kofi hopefully can approach that. Remaining ~80 minutes up for grabs between Griffin, Kipper, Jones, Kane, Damonte, and others. Hopefully they all make a lot of progress over the summer. If we get Holyfield or another really good transfer, that obviously eats into others time.

If you think Kofi is not going to get major minutes you're kidding yourself.

Won't be limited by performance but may be by fouls and conditioning.
As a point of reference, Giorgi was the first freshman post player to average more than 20 min/game since James. Next highest was Leron at 14.8 min/game (going back to James). Last year, Giorgi was basically playing until he got into foul trouble, and even then he averaged 26. Given that we expect to have more post depth this year, I don't think Kofi will be nearly that high. My guess is Kofi will be around 20 assuming things go well.

Status
Not open for further replies.