Illini Basketball 2019-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
A little bit of Shane Battier in his game and measurables. Good substitute for missing out on Liddell.

I’m actually an insider in Belgium and was sworn to secrecy on this one. Big get for the staff. They love his accent.

I kid I kid. Hope he’s a huge success here.

Neat pickup. Shows off some skills, but that highlight video was against some of the weakest competition i’ve seen in a highlight reel.
I would imagine him needing a year or two in the system to be useful probably.
Welcome aboard! :shield::shield:

This kid can be huge with he three points shot. He played high school in Belgium and play in there 16u team so he shot with the 3 point line before

Wilmette, IL
A little bit of Shane Battier in his game and measurables. Good substitute for missing out on Liddell.
I know, just because someone mentions a comparison it doesn't mean they're saying the players are equals. But you're going right to Shane Battier? And to say he's a good substitute for Liddell IS implying he might be equal to Liddell. If so, I think we were watching different videos. He looks skilled, but the teams he's playing against looked like they were on a Wheaties video shoot -- posing as basketball players but not actually PLAYING. I don't think I saw anyone that looked much taller than Bossman-Verdunk, either. The kid looks like he has some skill and agility, but I'm guessing he's a long way from Liddell, let alone Shane freakin' Battier.

I know, just because someone mentions a comparison it doesn't mean they're saying the players are equals. But you're going right to Shane Battier? And to say he's a good substitute for Liddell IS implying he might be equal to Liddell. If so, I think we were watching different videos. He looks skilled, but the teams he's playing against looked like they were on a Wheaties video shoot -- posing as basketball players but not actually PLAYING. I don't think I saw anyone that looked much taller than Bossman-Verdunk, either. The kid looks like he has some skill and agility, but I'm guessing he's a long way from Liddell, let alone Shane freakin' Battier.
Talking about in terms of their games. Not talent he still very raw. But he got some shane battier like I his game. I see a more taller Danzel valentine

No in-person contact with the coaching staff? Seems like a desperation move by both parties.

I’m assuming his tape was sent to more than just Illinois, or is the staff just scouring youtube?

I hope he pans out, its just odd that we’d sign him sight unseen. If he’s blown up enough to deserve that confidence from the staff then I imagine he’d feel empowered enough to demand a visit prior to signing.

We have the room so go for it, but I just have low expectations for this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.