Illini Basketball 2019-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like he get's one more rebound per 40 mins than DMW - so not huge - but a bit better
How many of those boards/minutes against first team/2nd team lower. Also isn't DaMonte a purer guard and Tev a 3/4? With Illinois being frontline challenged a lot of teams had matchup strengths in rebounding all season. I hope Tevian Jones has been working hard and has the desire to play to his full potential. This would fill a role sorely needed on the roster. I still hold hope for DaMonte as I feel he has been off to a slow start due to injury hampering his development and hope he makes a step up with a rise in athleticsm and confidence. He has shown he is a capable contributor on D and the boards.

Deleted member 29907

D
How many of those boards/minutes against first team/2nd team lower. Also isn't DaMonte a purer guard and Tev a 3/4? With Illinois being frontline challenged a lot of teams had matchup strengths in rebounding all season. I hope Tevian Jones has been working hard and has the desire to play to his full potential. This would fill a role sorely needed on the roster. I still hold hope for DaMonte as I feel he has been off to a slow start due to injury hampering his development and hope he makes a step up with a rise in athleticsm and confidence. He has shown he is a capable contributor on D and the boards.
Yeah, embarrassing to admit, but the original post said Tev and I read "Alan" - so I was looking at AGs stats for my response. Here's hoping he provides some monster put back jams this year. (y)

Development the great unknown at this point. No one on the roster without potential IMO. High ceiling athletes in Tevian and Samba. Huge defensive growth in Alan as an offensively talented recruit. Solid play from DaMonte though not the offensive spark we had hoped. Down year from Kipper but still an athlete with skills. Great seasons from Giorgi, Ayo, Trent, and Dre with potential for improvement. And physical specimen ala Shaq added to the mix in Kofi. Will BK be here and in the mix? Season of potential but also a mystery.

jmilt7

Waukegan
Does anyone know if there are plans to stream or have videos available of any of the Italy games this summer?

I was wondering this, too. But since they are in August (I believe), probably won't know for a month or so yet. In a related vein, Purdue has already released their full non-conference schedule two or three days ago. Just saying.

Shane Walsh

aka "Captain Oblivious"
Cynthiana, Kentucky
21. Illinois: Get on this bandwagon now. The Illini have figured out how to play for Brad Underwood. And the team returned without taking a hit from the draft. Ayo Dosunmu can be first team all-Big Ten. Trent Frazier is a big-shot maker. And few bring as much passion to playing as Giorgi Bezhanishvili. The glue guys like Andres Feliz make this roster ready for a major jump.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketbal...ball-rankings-andy-katzs-power-36-teams-right

21. Illinois: Get on this bandwagon now. The Illini have figured out how to play for Brad Underwood. And the team returned without taking a hit from the draft. Ayo Dosunmu can be first team all-Big Ten. Trent Frazier is a big-shot maker. And few bring as much passion to playing as Giorgi Bezhanishvili. The glue guys like Andres Feliz make this roster ready for a major jump.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketbal...ball-rankings-andy-katzs-power-36-teams-right

Think Katz has a man crush on Giorgi after watching a couple of his interviews.

Samba needs to be vastly Improved for this to happen IMO.

The Kouma signing is later in the day than I would have guessed . . . and its making me nervous.
Get to it already !

Status
Not open for further replies.