Illini Basketball 2019-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I know how the first three possessions are going to go for Kofi.

Block shot, lay up high off the glass, and lay up while getting foul the the and 1.

Amazing what a little video snippet can do to your dreams.

Deleted member 4333

D
Can't even tell if this is a serious or sarcastic post

You should get one of those sarcasm meters. They really help.

1560627672355.png

illini80

Forgottonia
#21 Kofi Cockburn
#24 Bernard Kouma
[to be determined] Benjamin Bosmans-Verdonk
https://fightingillini.com/roster.aspx?path=mbball

"Freshmen big men Bernard Kouma and Benjamin Bosmans-Verdonk, who both recently signed Big Ten Tenders of Financial Aid with the Illini, are expected to join their teammates on campus later this summer."
https://fightingillini.com/news/2019/6/14/mens-basketball-illini-open-summer-workouts.aspx
Missing summer workouts is a killer for freshmen. I wonder if there is a date they have to be on campus for the Italy trip? Do they have to have been enrolled for the summer session to be eligible? Probably nothing official will be said, but maybe someone with connections to the program knows the answer to this.

Missing summer workouts is a killer for freshmen. I wonder if there is a date they have to be on campus for the Italy trip? Do they have to have been enrolled for the summer session to be eligible? Probably nothing official will be said, but maybe someone with connections to the program knows the answer to this.

I don't think that they can do anything with the team until they are enrolled.

Underwood, wanting Jones to shoot from 38-43% from 3 next year. Me too, but ain't gonna happen. Frazier, led team at 40% and Ayo at 35. Line going back 16 inches, sorry.

Underwood, wanting Jones to shoot from 38-43% from 3 next year. Me too, but ain't gonna happen. Frazier, led team at 40% and Ayo at 35. Line going back 16 inches, sorry.

It’s not out of the realm of possibility. I’m not saying it’s going to happen, but Tev has enough talent to be efficient from 3 with wise shot selection. Aside from that, I personally hope Tev gets more comfortable off the dribble attacking the rim - he has all the physical tools to be a problem coming off screens taking it to the hole. Tev would bring a ton of value to this offense if he can do what he does at 30 seconds of this tape.

What kills me is folks who can't see the best shooter on the team shot 40% last season, but a guy who shot 30 is going to jump 8-13% with the line 16in. farther back. Let me know when your book comes out.

Deleted member 29907

D
What kills me is folks who can't see the best shooter on the team shot 40% last season, but a guy who shot 30 is going to jump 8-13% with the line 16in. farther back. Let me know when your book comes out.
Uh, not saying he is going to make that jump, but experience and letting the game slow down for you makes a ton of difference and thus the frosh to soph jump. His stroke looks pretty good and to do what he did at MSG takes some level of ability. With time on the court I think he's ready to make a big jump. Our schedule last year did not let Alan or Tev time on the court to develop like anyone would have hoped.

Jones making incremental improvements in all phases of his game would be a big leap forward. I don't see much of an improvement in 3 pointers though. A year of weight training, skill development,experience should make him more comfortable. More PT too.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™

ooo, sarcasm, I like it

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Uh, not saying he is going to make that jump, but experience and letting the game slow down for you makes a ton of difference and thus the frosh to soph jump. His stroke looks pretty good and to do what he did at MSG takes some level of ability. With time on the court I think he's ready to make a big jump. Our schedule last year did not let Alan or Tev time on the court to develop like anyone would have hoped.

Jones making incremental improvements in all phases of his game would be a big leap forward. I don't see much of an improvement in 3 pointers though. A year of weight training, skill development,experience should make him more comfortable. More PT too.

Jones has good form on his shot. He could take a large leap forward this season. That would be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.