Illini Basketball 2019-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
The perception that the program can take a talent like Ayo and help him develop into a 1st round pick and make a lot of $$$$$ may do more for the Illini basketball program than having Ayo stick around one more year....not that I would mind him staying....just saying ...him leaving after this year may benefit the program more than a person realizes....plus opens up a PG spot the next year for another talent looking to improve and move onto the next level...just saying
I agree with this and the fact that he was testing the waters this year makes it even more clear that he intends to jump to the NBA next year. Not getting there would be hugely deflating and a bad look for our program. I am confident he will be a first round pick.in next year's draft.

jmilt7

Waukegan
I don't remember seeing this already and it is not very newsworthy, that is, no surprise revelations or anything, just basically a feel good article for us fans.

Illini ready to break out

Good video on Kouma. Might be a year or two before he contributes, but there’s a lot to work with here.
Those skills look like they’ll translate to the B1G immediately. Thanks for the link. I hadn’t seen him before.

Paramount in order for us to be Top 4 in conference. Good Kipper with our other pieces makes us a Top 20 team, easily.
I disagree. We will need someone to step up. Hopefully 3 or 4 do step up. It could be Tev. Griff. Damonte, Kip, or Verdonk. I think the fact we have more options and have improved at all positions and have more options available is why we will be better.

Deleted member 236589

D
Paramount in order for us to be Top 4 in conference. Good Kipper with our other pieces makes us a Top 20 team, easily.
This is an honest question. It's the last word in your statement. "Easily". This was a 12-21(???) team last year that lost by 20(were down by almost 30) in their last game of the season. Being a top 20 team puts us at about 24-9, 25-8(give or take). You see this group "easily" making a 12 to 13 game improvement?

While I love your optimism, I challenge you to find 24 or 25 wins on our schedule that you "easily" see us winning.

If we get a high seed in the NIT or low seed in the NCAA's, that would be an incredibly positive turnaround. To say that this is easily a #4 or #5 seed in the NCAA, from where we ended last season, is fairly unrealistic. To be vastly improved, is not

Curious about when Giorgi hurt his thumb. He was 4/7 on 3 pt shots in the first three games and 0/9 in the next three. Believe he will surprise on his shooting capability and if so may be the most valuable piece.

Curious about when Giorgi hurt his thumb. He was 4/7 on 3 pt shots in the first three games and 0/9 in the next three. Believe he will surprise on his shooting capability and if so may be the most valuable piece.

All I have heard is BU say it was "most of the year"

Illinivek23

Gurnee
Those skills look like they’ll translate to the B1G immediately. Thanks for the link. I hadn’t seen him before.

Doesn't get off the ground much so will be interesting to watch his development. Looks bigger/thicker than what I was expecting.

This is an honest question. It's the last word in your statement. "Easily". This was a 12-21(???) team last year that lost by 20(were down by almost 30) in their last game of the season. Being a top 20 team puts us at about 24-9, 25-8(give or take). You see this group "easily" making a 12 to 13 game improvement?

While I love your optimism, I challenge you to find 24 or 25 wins on our schedule that you "easily" see us winning.

If we get a high seed in the NIT or low seed in the NCAA's, that would be an incredibly positive turnaround. To say that this is easily a #4 or #5 seed in the NCAA, from where we ended last season, is fairly unrealistic. To be vastly improved, is not

It’s hard to find 25 wins on our schedule when we don’t know the full schedule yet.

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
Think about this for a hot second.....

"“We saw a very limited Giorgi in terms of ballhandling,’’ Underwood said. “The young man is here at 6 a.m. every morning. He’s getting shots up. He’s a proven shooter that shot really bad percentage, by his standards. Yet we don’t want to forget about Giorgi’s true strength, which is posting up. He’s a ton to handle.’’

Think about how good he was...maybe a B1G FOY candidate....and he was limited? Yikes.

Apologies to Ayo, but Giorgi is the most exciting player to watch this year for me, with Tevian second. Ayo is a given.

I will not temper my excitement for this year.

Big IF incoming: what I was responding to was if Kipper would average 8/4 per game. IF he were to do that along with leaps from the sophomores, it’s easily within the realm of possibility to improve by 10+ games. Again big IFs.
Once the full schedule is released I will be more than happy to project my Good Kipper/Standard Kipper/Bad Kipper season results.

Status
Not open for further replies.