Illini Basketball 2019-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
After listening to Giorgi describe the differences in this year vs. last year, I am more excited than I was. It's not being discussed on here, but he said something that is a huge confidence builder (for me, as well as for them, I believe). He described practice as being completely different. He talks about how last year, they had to walk through things many times to be able to do it, get it right and use it at speed. However, this season, everyone knows how to play and where to be. To me that is enormous. I am officially psyched.

Ayo looks like a little kid trying to strip the ball from Kofi. With the attention him and Giorgi will get, we should see quite a few of those putbacks this year. The season can't get here soon enough.

Let's hope the snub causes Tevian to play with a chip on his shoulder. I think Tevian will have a great year and this can only help his motivation.
I have a feeling that Tev is getting up to speed, the suspension hurt 1st yr growth, this year after being in the system and strength training is going to surprise us.

I have a feeling that Tev is getting up to speed, the suspension hurt 1st yr growth, this year after being in the system and strength training is going to surprise us.
I feel this way too. Plus, I maybe be wrong but I'm getting a vibe from BU, Ayo and others that BV is pretty darn good and has a physicality, skill level and can shoot for a 6'8" 235 guy. BU said they dont want to rush BV back. I think in my gut the BU feels BV has something we have been lacking physically, could even play the 3 and shoots it as good as anyone from this new 3pt line. I wouldnt be shocked if he challenged for that spot. BV ay shoot it better than either tev or kip,rebound. and be as strong or stronger than either. Either way competition is a good thing.

Last edited:
I feel this way too. Plus, I maybe be wrong but I'm getting a vibe from BU, Ayo and others that BV is pretty darn good and has a physicality, skill level and can shoot for a 6'8" 235 guy. BU said they dont want to rush BV back. I think in my gut the BU feels BV has something we have been lacking physically, could even play the 3 and shoots it as good as anyone from this new 3pt line. I wouldnt be shocked if he challenged for that spot. BV ay shoot it better than either tev or kip,rebound. and be as strong or stronger than either. Either way competition is a good thing.
What type of injury does BV have? At that size he could be Giorgi's backup at the 4 and be the rotation piece with Kofi and Giorgi. Surprise Giorgi11! I certainly would be surprised.

What type of injury does BV have? At that size he could be Giorgi's backup at the 4 and be the rotation piece with Kofi and Giorgi. Surprise Giorgi11! I certainly would be surprised.
Shin splints, IIRC.

blackdog

Champaign

Oh man I love how easy Ayo got up for that dunk off the steal. Not something he was doing much of last season or in HS. Seems like the workouts are paying off.

Also we haven't had a big whole could throw down a poster jam like that in quite awhile and I'm pumped for it. Can't wait for that first monster slam over someone at a B1G home game!

Saw a clip of practice highlights and I’m just wondering how in the world we still don’t have the new 3 point lines painted on the court.

Saw a clip of practice highlights and I’m just wondering how in the world we still don’t have the new 3 point lines painted on the court.

They're there, but just hard to see. That video being recorded on a potato (in 2019) doesn't help.

foby

Bonnaroo Land
Oh man I love how easy Ayo got up for that dunk off the steal. Not something he was doing much of last season or in HS. Seems like the workouts are paying off.

Also we haven't had a big whole could throw down a poster jam like that in quite awhile and I'm pumped for it. Can't wait for that first monster slam over someone at a B1G home game!

Looking forward to a few of those at Arizona and in Braggin Rights too.

According to Tate, BBV has a stress fracture in his foot.

I agree if TJ can get his feet under him literally, big big jump. Kipper is well Kipper, Kouma who knows, and Verdonk is the wild card, B1G body ready, international play, accustom to the 3pt line range already. He will not play as a freshman imo.

I think you're last sentence is incorrect unless the stress fracture keeps him off the floor. Kid has size, shoots well from distance (and he's already accustomed to the international 3, and is said to be a skilled passer.

Is there any video on Verdonk? Saw one clip earlier but believe it was of an earlier year.

Status
Not open for further replies.