Illini Basketball 2019-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I love everyone's optimism on how all this late recruiting played out. Hope it's justified when we compete this year in the BIG. I don't really care how we get there, just that we get back to the dance, and above .500 in the conference.

Although I like your efforts and research, thank you, I think you may be skewed in thinking the two are peas in the same pod...they are not and will not be. Henry will make a substantial leap this year due to Izzo/gameplan/needs/talent.....Jones/Griffin will not be needed in this way, gameplanned for, needed as much, and are less talented overall in the schemes in which they all need to play.

I like Griffin, and Jones. Griffin actually more, although he seems to run very upright/not fluid? Jones to me appears to coast...not sure that is fair, just how it seems. Either way neither is/or will be as good when all is said and done this year than Henry will be.

These are fair points. I really like Griffin and everyone I talk to seems high on Jones. I guess let’s just see where things shake out come January and we can look back and compare our guys to MSU then. Hopefully neither team suffers any big injuries and we can do a good fair comparison.

WiscIllini

Madison, WI
Would we though? Would you rather have Samba/SpicyG, or Verdonk/Kouma, or Verdonk/Hamlin?

Samba or SpicyG weren't going to play more than spot minutes. That's the bottom line. If Giorgi or Kofi get in foul trouble BU will use Tevian, Kipper, or go 4 guard lineup before they were going to get big minutes.

We could have had Eboigbodin/Kane and Kofi this year. I would take that over all of your scenarios. And some may say “it wasn’t Brad’s choice for them to leave”. To that I would say that it doesn’t seem that he tried that hard to keep them either

We could have had Eboigbodin/Kane and Kofi this year. I would take that over all of your scenarios. And some may say “it wasn’t Brad’s choice for them to leave”. To that I would say that it doesn’t seem that he tried that hard to keep them either
Seems like he put out a complimentary interview on Samba the week before he went into the portal.

jmilt7

Waukegan
Wasn't there an earlier post that we would find out about Kouma today?

I think I saw that in a recent interview. Can’t remember where. Said he’s getting his paperwork today. But was unsure what would be the outcome.

Deleted member 236589

D
All I know is that the last time Illinois basketball signed a player out of Lincoln, it worked out pretty well for that player and the program.
You're point us well taken. I was a huge fan of Cook. However, that was 20 years ago. We had a lot of good things happening 20 years ago. This depresses me.

I think I saw that in a recent interview. Can’t remember where. Said he’s getting his paperwork today. But was unsure what would be the outcome.

Kouma jumped into a live periscope a few days ago and confirmed that his transcripts are being translated to english and he should have a final answer from the NCAA by Wednesday. There was some discussion about them releasing that answer this evening to the public so I was planning on checking twitter tonight.

According to who?

yes which means they are light years ahead as they were last year...Henry is predicted to be a potential NBA player (i think he will be)...I am not sure anyone will utter that about Griffin/Jones/Nichols?[/QUOTEWoodcock has and will continue to do so for the next 3 years lol
yes which means they are light years ahead as they were last year...Henry is predicted to be a potential NBA player (i think he will be)...I am not sure anyone will utter that about Griffin/Jones/Nichols?
Woodcock has mentioned the NBA when talking about Griffin and Jones lol

We mean he is not IllinoisLoyalty approved.

I do not think we want a lawyer calling Dan on such matters. ;)

Insider alert :rolleyes:

Well, I love everyone's optimism on how all this late recruiting played out. Hope it's justified when we compete this year in the BIG. I don't really care how we get there, just that we get back to the dance, and above .500 in the conference.

Book it!

It would have been really nice to have Kane and January as our primary bigs off the bench.

1’s/2’s: Ayo Trent Feliz Damonte
3’s: Jones Griffin Kipper
4’s/5’s: Kofi Giorgi Kane January

that’s a top 25 team on paper. I think our ceiling is slightly lower now, but we should still compete for a tournament bid if everything clicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.