Illini Basketball 2019-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a Woodcock fan, but he very well may be right, considering Giorgi's age.
GB seems to be having way to much fun in his life right now to leave. I think he realizes this may be the most fun he will ever have. With his personality i do not think he would leave but that is just my educated guess. Also I have always been excited about GB but the NBA is for a select few and he will never be a five and the strength of his game is down low and i just dont see him having the same success with that in the NBA. I could be wrong but it such a different level for a guy 6'8'' 235. As for being a 4 that can play on the outside like most today he has yet show the skills it takes to be that type of NBA player. I hope he surprises us all again and that his hand injury really did effect his outside shooting last season. I love GB from the moment i saw his skill tapes. GB is a great college player and i hope and see him here all four years then i feel he make a will great living playing over seas. I hope he does make the NBA though as he is certainly among my favorite Illini since ive been watch starting as a kid in the mid 70s.

Last edited:

Nooooooooooooooooooooon?! SEC Network?!!!!
what.gif

Deleted member 533939

D
Does anyone in Illinois have the SEC network?

I love Giorgi, but...Giorgi is not NBA material until he can guard a 3 or 4 on the perimeter, make NBA threes at a 40% clip
and rebound at a significantly better level. He's playing at the 5 so far and hasn't shown any of that capability. This year is
key as scouts will be all in watching Ayo. Show us he can do those things and this team will be awesome.

201154JC

Rockford, IL
I love Giorgi, but...Giorgi is not NBA material until he can guard a 3 or 4 on the perimeter, make NBA threes at a 40% clip
and rebound at a significantly better level. He's playing at the 5 so far and hasn't shown any of that capability. This year is
key as scouts will be all in watching Ayo. Show us he can do those things and this team will be awesome.
Astute analysis my man.

Asking Georgi to shoot 40% from three at the NBA distance is a bit of a stretch. Heck Durant only shot 35% this past season.

Konnie

Western Suburbs
How did you order tickets? We want to but havent found the source.
Since I have season basketball tickets, I was able to order them through my ticket account once they went on sale to season ticket holders

Status
Not open for further replies.